What Pokmon Should I Be Prioritizing For December Community Day
The fast answer: You should be trying to collect any Pokémon that you dont have or you dont have its evolutions for.
If youve played all throughout the year and have all these Pokémon, your main targets should be Machop, Roselia, and Gible, as their evolutions are all very powerful. Machamp is one of the best fighting-types, Roserade is one of the best grass- and poison-types, and Garchomp is a great dragon- and ground-type attacker. Having an arsenal of these will help you take down raids and gyms easily.
None of these three Pokémon use their Community Day moves in their best movesets, so you dont have to rush to evolve them. Just grab as much candy as you can. Their best movesets are the following:
- Machamp: Counter with Dynamic Punch
- Garchomp: Dragon Tail with Outrage or Mud Shot with Earthquake
- Roserade: Razor Leaf with Grass Knot or Poison Jab with Sludge Bomb
If you have any Rhyhorn, you should also evolve them into Rhyperior during the event times, so you can get Rock Wrecker, which is Rhyperiors best move. Rhyperior is super strong as well, so make sure to have one before the weekend ends. Teach your Rhyperior Smack Down to go with that Rock Wrecker and itll destroy things quick.
Go Battle League Bonuses
RESOURCE ID: gbl_double_dust_end_of_setTEXT: 2× Set Reward Stardust in GO Battle LeagueRESOURCE ID: gbl_double_dust_rank_upTEXT: 2× Rank Reward Stardust in GO Battle LeagueRESOURCE ID: gbl_double_dust_winTEXT: 2× Win Reward Stardust in GO Battle League
These bonuses could be related to Pidgey Go Battle Day, or they could not Given they were added at the same time its likely that these are related to Pidgey day. The naming suggests theyll be reused for future GBL days.
Is The Making A Splash Ticket Worth Buying
Even if Community Day hasnt begun for you yet the Making a Splash ticket should be available in the shop. Costing just $1 or your local equivalent, the special research isnt the most pricey thing in the world. GO Fest 2020 tickets cost $14.99, so this is a steal in comparison. However, its not offering as much value so the question of is the Making a Splash ticket worth buying is tough to say.
Well update this guide once all the details are out, but currently we dont know the specific tasks or rewards offered by the ticket . However, from what Niantic has said, the big reward you get is more Magikarp candy. This fits with previous Community Day tickets, which featured four steps to complete and gave players tons of extra candy and encounters with higher shiny chances.
So the question really comes down to how much you value a shiny Magikarp and if you need additional candy. Youll have six hours to catch them, so you should end up with at least one Gyarados, but if you want more it might be worth the $1. The higher shiny chances are nice, but you should also get a lot of them. So really, the research might not be worth it for everyone, but at such a low cost, if youre playing for most of the day its a nice bonus to the event.
Read Also: Where To Find Eevee In Pokemon Moon
How To Get Gyarados With Aqua Tail
Aqua Tail is the exclusive move Gyarados can learn as part of this Pokemon Go Community Day, but how do you make it happen? You essentially need to evolve a Magikarp into Gyarados during the Community Day timeframe, or for an extra two hours afterwards. It will then learn Aqua Tail. If you miss this timeframe, you’re out of luck.
How To Complete The Making A Splash Special Research
UPDATE: Below are the special research tasks from the Making a Splash ticket along with their rewards
1 of 4
Power up Pokémon 10 times 10 Poké BallCatch 15 Magikarp 20 Magikarp Candyake 5 Nice Throws Magikarp Encounter
Rewards: 2000 Stardust, 10 Pinap Berry, Magikarp Encounter
2 of 4
Catch 15 Magikarp 50x Magikarp CandyTransfer 10 Pokémon 500 StardustUse 15 Pinap Berries while catching Pokémon 1000 XP
Rewards: 200 Stardust, 1 Incense, 1 Poffin
3 of 4
Make 3 Great Curveball Throws 50 Magikarp CandyEvolve a Magikarp 5 Golden Razz BerryTransfer 10 Pokémon 1500 XP
Rewards: 2000 Stardust, 1 Incense, 1 Rocket Radar
4 of 4
COMPLETED 5 Silver Pinap Berry
Rewards: 2000 Stardust, 3 Rare Candy, Gyarados Encounter
Original text: Well find out all the steps later today when the rest of the world can join in, but for now we can speculate. Previous Community Day tickets were not difficult to complete, tasking players with things like catching more of the event Pokémon or getting Great throws and/or curveballs. You should expect the same from Making a Splash, so it likely wont be too tough to finish all the required special research tasks. Check back for an update as the event draws closer though.
Hopefully our Pokémon GO Magikarp Community Day special research guide for the Making a Splash Ticket answers your questions, but watch for updates as the event unfolds.
RELATED TOPICS :
Also Check: Hoopa Sun And Moon Code
The Featured Pokmon For August Community Day Is
- Leaping over mountains after living for many years
- Surviving in any body of water, no matter how polluted it is
- Being an easy target for predators
Thats rightits Magikarp, the Fish Pokémon! Read on for more details about the upcoming Community Day event featuring what some call an underpowered, pathetic Pokémon.
Date + Time
Saturday, August 8, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time
- Magikarp will be appearing more frequently in the wild. If youre lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Magikarp.
- Evolve Magikarp during the event or up to two hours afterward to get a Gyarados that knows Aqua Tail.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- It takes quite a bit of Candy to evolve Magikarp into Gyarados! Complete event-exclusive Field Research tasks to earn additional Magikarp Candies.
- Therell be a special one-time-purchase August Community Day Box, featuring 30 Ultra Balls, an Elite Charged TM, six Star Pieces, and an Incense!
- For US$1 , youll be able to access the Community Dayexclusive Special Research story Making a Splash! Follow Professor Willow as he learns about Magikarp and its epic Evolution journey!
Stay tuned for when tickets for the Making a Splash Special Research story go live! Tickets are nonrefundable . Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
Trainers, lets make a splash and celebrate Magikarp together!
Should You Buy The Making A Splash Ticket And How To Complete It
Its time for another Pokémon GO Community Day, with August 2020s star being the always beloved Magikarp. This floppy fish might seem innocent and useless, but he evolves into one of the coolest and most powerful characters in the game. But evolving Magikarp into Gyarados takes a lot of effort, especially if you dont live anywhere near a large body of water where he spawns. Thankfully this Community Day should allow everyone to evolve one, and theres even a special research to help out. Heres our Pokémon GO Magikarp Community Day special research guide for the Making a Splash Ticket.
But first, if you need all the details on Magikarp Community Day be sure to check out that guide.
Read Also: Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu Trade Evolution
Additional Community Day Information : Saturday 22nd January 2022 Bulbasaur
Niantic has announced a new three-hour Community Day Classic to run in addition the the standard Community Day.
Image: Niantic / The Pokémon Company
It’s unclear whether this will be a continuing event going forward Niantic describes it as “a special treat” for the Season of Heritage” but the first Community Day Classic will give players the chance to catch evergreen classic Bulbasaur again. Details below:
- The next Pokémon GO Community Day Classic will feature Bulbasaur
- This Community Day will run on Saturday 22nd January 2022 from 2pm – 5pm local time
- Evolving Ivysaur during the event or up to two hours afterward to get you a Venusaur that knows the Charged Attack Frenzy Plant
- The chosen Pokémon will appear more frequently in the wild for the duration of the event, with an increased chance of finding a Shiny version
In addition, the following features and bonuses will be available:
How Do I Make The Most Of December Community Day
Tons of bonuses will be active from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m. each day in your local time, so you should take advantage. Catch XP and Stardust will be doubled, and Incubators will hatch eggs in half the steps, so you should use any bonus items that you have.
Pokémon Go guide: Eggs and Incubators explained
From Dec. 17-20, players will also get to do one extra special trade per day, and trades will cost 25% less Stardust, so if you have good Pokémon to swap around, this is also a great time to do it.
That all being said, if youre missing any of the above Community Day Pokémon or their evolutions, you should definitely use an Incense and catch what you can.
Also Check: Eevee Evolution In Fire Red
A Significant Increase In Spawns For The Featured Pokmon
Featured Pokémon are typically among the more powerful, popular and rare in the game in a single Community Day hour, you can expect to see many months worth of spawns for the featured Pokémon. Stick around for all three hours and you should be able to fully evolve several of the Pokémon in question.
How Can I Prepare For Pokmon Go Community Day
Assuming the headlining monster is one youre interested in, its a good idea to start stockpiling useful items a week or two ahead of Community Day. You should get:
- Enough Pokéballs and Pinap Berries to catch and evolve your Pokémon, :
- At bare minimum you need 32 Pokéballs to catch and evolve a single three-stage Pokémon from scratch
Also Check: Pokemon Fire Red Battery
Latest Community Day Information: Sunday 16th January 2022 Spheal
- The next Pokémon GO Community Day will feature Spheal
- This Community Day will run on Sunday 16th January 2022 from 11am – 5pm local time
- Evolving Sealeo during the event or up to two hours afterward to get you a Walrein that knows the Charged Attack Icicle Spear and Fast Attack Powder Snow
- The chosen Pokémon will appear more frequently in the wild for the duration of the event, with an increased chance of finding a Shiny version
– 3x Catch XP- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!- Therell be a special one-time-purchase Community Day Box available for 1,280 PokéCoins, featuring 50 Ultra Balls, five Super Incubators, five Lucky Eggs and an Elite Fast TM.- A bundle containing 30 Ultra Balls will be available in the shop at no cost. Be sure to pick them up during the event!- For US$1.00 , youll be able to access the Spheal Community Dayexclusive Special Research story, The Spheal Deal!
What Is Community Day In Pokmon Go
Community Day takes place on one weekend day every month and lasts a total of six hours.
As well as increasing spawns of the highlighted Pokémon, there are bonuses during that period of time – such as double XP, Stardust or Lure Modules – as additional incentives to get out there and playing, including the highlighted Pokémon having an increased chance of being shiny, and the ability to reach the highlighted Pokémon’s evolution an exclusive move.
It’s a great way to get resources and a rare version of the highlighted Pokémon, but it’s as the name suggests, is a great way to team up with other players.
Read Also: Mystery Gifts Pokemon Moon
Are There Any Extra Bonuses For December Community Day
Yes. During December Community Day, incense and lure modules activated during the event will last for three hours, catching Pokémon will earn you twice the XP and Stardust, and incubating Eggs during the event will result in 1/2 Hatch Distance.
From December 17th, 10 a.m. PT to Monday, December 20th, 10 a.m. PT, trades will have a 25% reduced Stardust cost, and players will have one extra special trade per day.
The Shadow In The Room
So what about Shadow Pokemon? Well, if a Pokemon is capable of being both Shadow and Mega, then hang it up they are potentially game breaking. However, it’s probably best to not focus too heavily on Shadows when it comes to planning for the Mega Evolution system, as they will likely be incompatible in one way or another. By that same token, don’t be afraid to get Aqua Tail by evolving that 100% Shadow Magikarp that you caught during Go Fest.
Recommended Reading: All Pokemon Pictures And Names
So What Does It All Mean
For some, this is nothing more than fundamental theory crafting that doesn’t say much. And I’ll fully admit to this fact this entire article is based on pure speculation. However, it’s also based on existing precedent and a kernel of truth. But what can we do about it?
- Wait to evolve Mega capable Pokemon until they are given events
- Wait to power up Mega capable Pokemon until we know how Mega Evolution will work
- Go all in for catching Pokemon that can Mega Evolve
- Hold onto your Elite TMs unless you genuinely need them
- Hold onto candy connected to Pokemon that can Mega Evolve
Among these points, the second is particularly poignant for PvP players: Mega Evolutions are extremely likely to have a stat change on Evolution, which will change their CP totals. We don’t know how this will interact with the Great/Ultra League CP caps, so it’s best to hold off on spending stardust on these Pokemon until we know. That said, don’t let FoMo rule you to too great an extent. Events can return, we’ll likely have more chances at these rare Pokemon, and even if we’re not at the cutting edge of this new system when it drops, those of us who have a care when raising our Pokemon will eventually catch up.
‘pokmon Go’ Community Day: Shiny Magikarp Start Time & What You Need To Know
With the Ghastly Community Day in Pokémon Go behind us, the next big spotlight event will feature Magikarp, one of the more iconic Water-type Pokémon in the franchise.
Magikarp may be known as one of the weakest Pokémon of all-time, but its evolution Gyarados is anything but and Pokémon Go players have a huge chance to catch a strong one with an attack exclusive to this event.
Like with other Community Day events, Magikarp will spawn more frequently than usual. Its Shiny form, while already in Pokémon Go, can also be encountered more frequently.
POKEMON GO MAGIKARP COMMUNITY DAY START TIME
The Pokémon Go Magikarp Community Day starts Saturday, August 8 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time.
With the increased rate of finding a Shiny Magikarp, Pokémon Go trainers will likely be able to catch this rare form.
Shiny Magikarp changes from its normal red coloring to gold. And when it evolves into Gyarados, the blue water serpent becomes a bright red. Red Gyarados is one of the most iconic Shiny Pokémon in the franchise, and the first to be introduced back in Gold and Silver in 1999.
Evolving a Magikarp up to two hours after the Community Day event ends will allow Gyarados to learn the exclusive move Aqua Tail. This powerful Water-type attack will give Gyarados a charge move that fills up faster than Hydro Pump.
Gyarados with Aqua Tail can make a splash in the Pokémon Go Battle League.
Also Check: Catching Lugia Soulsilver
Pokmon Go December Community Day Bonuses
These Pokémon Go December Community Day bonuses will be running throughout the event:
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours
- 1/2 Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed in an Incubator during the event
- 2× Catch XP
- 25% reduced stardust cost for trades
- 1 extra special trade per day
To help you make the most of all that, the Pokémon Storage Expansion Cap has been increased from 5000 to 5500 and the Item Bag Expansion Cap has gone from 4000 to 4500.
Pokmon Go December Community Day Field Research Tasks
With Field Research Tasks, you will be able to earn Mega Energy for these Pokémon during the December Community Day event:
If youre willing to part with a pound, there will also be a Pokémon Go December Community Day special research story available to buy for £1 in the store during this event.
Also in the store, youll find a Community Day Box that contains 50 Ultra Balls, six Star Pieces, an Elite Fast TM, and an Elite Charged TM. Its priced at 1280 PokéCoins.
Plus, there will be 30 Ultra Balls in the shop which you can pick up at no extra cost, so grab those while you can!
This years Radio Times Christmas double issue is on sale now, featuring two weeks of TV, film and radio listings, reviews, features and interviews with the stars. And if youre looking for something to watch, see our TV Guide.
You May Like: Legendary Pokemon Qr Codes Ultra Sun