Pokemon Go December 2021 Community Day: Pokemon Bonuses And More
This month’s Community Day event is spread across two days and brings back every featured Pokemon from 2020 and 2021.
All of the Community Day Pokemon from the past two years are returning for December’s Community Day event.
Pokemon Go‘s December Community Day is just around the corner. Just like previous years, this month’s event spans not one, but two days — — and gives players another chance to catch all of the featured Community Day Pokemon from 2020 and 2021. Here’s everything you need to know about this weekend’s event, including what Pokemon are returning and which special moves they can learn.
Pokemon Storage And Item Bag Cap Increase
To help trainers prepare for the biggest Community Day event of the year, the maximum amount that the Pokémon storage and Item Bag can be expanded to will be increased. Trainers will be able to purchase Item Bag and Pokémon Storage expansions from the shop so then they can stock up on Poké Balls and store all the Pokémon theyll catch during December Community Day!
- Pokémon Storage Expansion Cap: 5,000 -> 5,500
- Item Bag Expansion Cap: 4,000 -> 4,500
This change will go into effect on Thursday, December 16, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PST .
Pokemon Go December 2021 Community Day: Everything You Need To Know
You can catch Pokemon that were featured during previous events!
Update : Niantic, the developer of Pokemon Go, announced that two of this event’s bonuses — the reduced Stardust cost for trades and the ability to make one extra Special Trade per day — will be available from December 17 at 10 a.m. PT until December 20 at 10 a.m. PT. We’ve updated our post to reflect this change.
Trainers, the final Pokemon Go Community Day event in 2021 is scheduled to take place on December 18-19, 2021.
As with previous Community Day events that have taken place in December, this event will allow players to catch Pokemon that were featured in previous Community Day events.
During these two time periods, players will be able to access the following in-game bonuses in Pokemon Go:
- Incense will remain active for three hours if activated during this time
- Lure Modules will remain active for three hours if activated during this time
- Eggs will hatch after walking half of the normal required distance if placed into Incubators during this time
- Players will earn two times the normal number of experience points when catching Pokemon
- Players will receive two times the normal amount of Stardust when catching Pokemon
Two other bonuses will be in effect from December 17 at 10 a.m. PT until December 20 at 10 a.m. PT:
- The Stardust cost for trades will be 25 percent less than normal
- Players will be able to perform two Special Trades per day, rather than one
Recommended Reading: Trading 4 Star Pokemon Go
Pokmon Go Community Day December 2021 Timed Research Rewards And Tasks
Again, these timed research are available with tasks that focus on Pokémon that were featured in previous Community Days from 2020 and 2021.
- Power up Pokémon 7 times Snivy encounter
- Catch 5 different species of Pokémon Seedot encounter
- Catch 15 Pokémon Roselia encounter
- Reward Eevee encounter
- Transfer 10 Pokémon Fletchling encounter
- Catch 5 different species of Pokémon Swablu encounter
- Reward Weedle encounter
- Evolve 2 Pokémon Charmander encounter
- Catch 5 different species of Pokémon Magmar encounter
- Transfer 10 Pokémon Tepig encounter
- Reward Electabuzz encounter
- Power up Pokémon 7 times Magikarp encounter
- Catch 5 different species of Pokémon Piplup encounter
- Catch 15 Pokémon Oshawott encounter
- Reward Rhyhorn encounter
- Catch 5 different species of Pokémon Duskull encounter
- Transfer 10 Pokémon Gastly encounter
- Reward Porygon encounter
When Is December Community Day In Pokmon Go
Pokémon GOs December Community Day is split into two separate days, with different Pokémon in the spotlight each day. Day 1 of December Community Day is on Saturday, December 18th, 2021, from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm local time. Day 2 is on Sunday, December 19th, 2021, from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm Local time.
Read Also: Pokemon Go Pokecoins Promo Code
Pokemon Go December Community Day : Features Bonuses And More
The final Pokemon GO Community Day of the year will take place on Saturday, December 18th, 2021 and Sunday, December 19, 2021. Throughout the events in Pokemon Go December Community Day 2021, trainers will get another chance to catch all the featured Pokémon from the 2021 Community Days with increased spawns in the wild, and featured Pokémon from the 2020 Community Days will be hatching from Eggs and appearing in Raids.
Events And Special Bonuses
The following events bonuses and special bonuses will be available in the POkemon Gp December Community Day 2021 from Friday, December 17, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. local time to Sunday, December 19, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time.
- Events Bonuses
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours
- 1/2 Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed in an Incubator during the event
- 2× Catch XP
Also Check: Where To Buy Gotcha
Pokmon Go December Community Day: Start Times Pokmon And Special Moves
Its December, and that means another super Pokémon Go Community Day, which is in fact a Community Weekend, given that it spans both today, Saturday December 18, and Sunday December 19, running from 11 AM to 5 PM local time.
So, this gets a bit complicated with this many Pokémon on the table. Heres the list of which Pokémon will be spawning on which day this weekend:
Machop, Roselia, Swablu, Gible, Snivby, Fletchling
Eevee, Duskull, Shinx, Tepig, Oshawott
Past that, if you want to know each special move youll get by evolving these Pokémon, you can consult the list below, and it includes one that are not spawning above.
- Charmeleon to Charizard Dragon Breath
- Kakuna to Beedrill Drill Run
- Kadabra to Alakazam Counter
- Haunter to Gengar Shadow Punch
- Magikarp to Gyarados Aquatail
- Nuzleaf to Shiftry Bullet Seed
- Swablue to Altaria Moonblast
- Prinplup to Empoleon Hydro Cannon
- Luxio to Luxray Psychic Fangs
- Roselia to Roserade Bullet Seed and Weather Ball
- Gabite to Garchomp Earth Power
- Rhydon to Rhyperior Rock Wrecker
- Electabuzz to Electivire Flamethrower
- Glaceon Water Pulse
- Sylveon Psyshock
Additional info you might want? Its a 1 in 25 chance to get a shiny on Community Day, a pretty sharp increase from normal. You get one extra special trade per day, and trades cost 25% less Stardust. Catch XP and Stardust are doubled. Incubators use half the steps. Its a big old party.
What Is Pokmon Go Community Day
It’s all part of Pokémon Go’s ongoing efforts to encourage players to get out, discover new places, and meet new people.
From Pokémon Go:
Pokémon GO Community Day is an opportunity for Trainers around the world to meet up at their local parks to make new friends and experience what it means to be a part of this special community.
Once a month, we’ll host a Pokémon GO Community Day event starring a special Pokémon, which will frequently appear around the world for just a few hours. When caught during the event, this special Pokémon will know an exclusive move. Other bonuses will be in effect during the event, such as increased XP or Stardust, and Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
We’re constantly blown away by the passion of Pokémon GO players around the world, and we hope that each Pokémon GO Community Day will help add to the excitement of local events and meetups. Remember always to be alert and stay safe while playing and be respectful of public spaces when exploring your community. Stay tuned to our social media channels and check out the Pokémon GO Community Day event page each month to learn about that month’s featured Pokémon, special bonuses, and event times.
Don’t Miss: Pokemon Go Kindle Fire
Spotlight Hour And Raid Hour
This weeks Spotlight Hour and Raid Hour events feature Ice-type Pokemon in celebration of winter and the holiday season.
Spotlight Hour: This event runs from 6pm to 7pm local time on Tuesday, December 21. Snover will be in the spotlight and therefore spawning in significant numbers. The special bonus this time around is double catch XP.
Raid Hour: Tier 5 Raids will appear in abundance and theyll feature Kyurem as the Raid boss. This event runs from 6pm to 7pm on Wednesday, December 22.
Hatching Eggs During December 2021 Community Day In Pokmon Go
These are the Pokémon that will appear in eggs during this event. All of these Pokémon hatch 2km eggs and have the chance to appear Shiny.
There will also be two different types of research for trainers to clear out. For starters, they can pick up the Special Research Story dedicated to December Community Day. This is a premium ticket that costs about $1 USD and will unlock new content through the day for players to clear out, including new tasks, rewards, and free Timed Research tasks. These tasks will directly be tied to all the Pokémon that have had Community Day events for both 2020 and 2021.
Those looking to prepare for this Pokémon Go Community Day can also head to the PokéShop. There will be two event-exclusive bundles for trainers to purchase. The first will be a bundle holding 30 Ultra Balls for free. The next is the Community Day Box which features 50 Ultra Balls, six Star Pieces, and an Elite Charged TM. This bundle will cost the player 1,280 PokéCoins. While Community Days will return in January, the Pokémon it will feature has yet to be announced. Until then, aim to capture a Shiny version of every Pokémon for December Community Day as it’s a trainer’s best chance to catch them all.
Pokémon Go is available now on iOS and Android.
Read Also: Pokemon Go Ultra League Tier List
How Do I Make The Most Of December Community Day
Tons of bonuses will be active from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m. each day in your local time, so you should take advantage. Catch XP and Stardust will be doubled, and Incubators will hatch eggs in half the steps, so you should use any bonus items that you have.
Pokémon Go guide: Eggs and Incubators explained
From Dec. 17-20, players will also get to do one extra special trade per day, and trades will cost 25% less Stardust, so if you have good Pokémon to swap around, this is also a great time to do it.
That all being said, if youre missing any of the above Community Day Pokémon or their evolutions, you should definitely use an Incense and catch what you can.
Pokmon Go: Final Community Day Guide
Pokémon Go is hosting its final Community Day in December 2021. Preparing for this event will help players capture rarer and Shiny Pokémon.
The December Community Day is fast approaching in Pokémon Go and this one marks the final Community Day of the year. Every month, Pokémon Go players are given the chance to participate in Community Day where a single Pokémon will have their spawn rate drastically increased for a limited time. Not only that, but this Pokémon also has the chance to appear in its Shiny form. Typically, these are incredibly rare to come across naturally. Community Day has been a hub for players who enjoy Shiny Hunting Pokémon. With that being said, the December Community Day is a bit different than the rest of the year since it allows trainers the chance to make up for the lost time.
December’s Community Day will take place over the course of two days. From Saturday, December 18th at 11 am local time to Sunday, December 19th at 5 pm local time, trainers will be able to encounter every Pokémon from the previous 2021 Community Days. Not only that, but Pokémon from Community Day events that took place in 2020 will begin to hatch from eggs. The spawns are split up amongst these two days. It is possible to collect every Shiny Pokémon within the time.
Don’t Miss: Legendary Sword Pokemon
Say Goodbye To 2021 With Pokmon Go’s Final Community Day Of The Year
Pokémon GOs December Community Day has been officially announced, featuring all Pokémon spotlighted in previous Community Days throughout 2021. In this guide, well detail everything you need to know about December Community Day in Pokémon GO, including spawns, special bonuses, field research and more!
Pokemon Go Holidays 2021 Event Continues
Part 2 starts December 23 at 10am local time
The annual holiday event is continuing this week, though its switching over to Part 2 on Thursday. Weve got a full guide on the details for both parts that you can check out for all the nitty-gritty info.
Recommended Reading: Best Moves For Scizor Pokemon Go
Should You Get The December 2021 Community Day Special Research Ticket In Pokmon Go
Who doesn’t like Community Days?
The holiday season is upon us. Its when Pokémon GO fans get to enjoy the seasons greeting by getting gifs for their loved ones, and their favorite game does the same for them with events.
Pokémon GOs December Community event recently went live on Dec. 18, and itll be active until the 19th. The bonuses of the event, however, will be available between Dec. 17 to Dec. 20. To make the most of the event, players will be able to purchase the Special Research Ticket, but it might not be everyones cup of tea.
The Special Research ticket comes with various rewards and rare Pokémon encounters, which makes it a nice investment in most cases. Players who may have missed previous Community Day events will benefit the most from the Special Research Ticket since these events dont happen that often. Picking up the ticket will allow players to unlock various rewards in the process as well while stocking up regular and XL Candy. If you like the rewards and enjoy completing Special Research tasks, the event ticket is indeed a worthy deal.
Pokmon Storage And Item Bag Cap Increase
To help you prepare for the biggest Community Day event of the year, the maximum amount of Pokémon and Item will be increased. You will be able to purchase Item Bag and Pokémon Storage expansions from the shop so you can stock up on PokéBalls, and store all the Pokémon youll catch during December Community Day!
- Pokémon Storage Expansion Cap: 5000 -> 5500
- Item Bag Expansion Cap: 4000 -> 4500
This change will go into effect on Thursday, December 16, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. PST .
Recommended Reading: What Is The Highest Health Pokemon Card
Exclusive Community Day Moves In Pokmon Go
Trainers will need to evolve these Pokémon in Go before Monday, December 20th to unlock these exclusive moves.
- Alakazam: Evolve Kadabra into an Alakazam that knows the Fast Attack Counter.
- Altaria: Evolve Swablu into an Altaria that knows the Charged Attack Moonblast.
- Beedrill: Evolve Kakuna into a Beedrill that knows the Charged Attack Drill Run.
- Charizard: Evolve Charmeleon into a Charizard that knows the Fast Attack Dragon Breath.
- Sylveon:Evolve Eevee into a Sylveon that knows the Charged Attack Psyshock.
- Talonflame: Evolve Fletchinder into a Talonflame that knows the Fast Attack Incinerate.
- Umbreon: Evolve Eevee into an Umbreon that knows the Charged Attack Psychic.
- Vaporeon: Evolve Eevee into a Vaporeon that knows the Charged Attack Scald.
Are There Any Extra Bonuses For December Community Day
Yes. During December Community Day, incense and lure modules activated during the event will last for three hours, catching Pokémon will earn you twice the XP and Stardust, and incubating Eggs during the event will result in 1/2 Hatch Distance.
From December 17th, 10 a.m. PT to Monday, December 20th, 10 a.m. PT, trades will have a 25% reduced Stardust cost, and players will have one extra special trade per day.
Read Also: Pokemon Emerald Psychic Weakness
Special Research Story: December Community Day 2021
- For US$1.00 , youll be able to access the December Community Dayexclusive Special Research story, December Community Day 2021.
- Stay tuned for when tickets for the December Community Day 2021 Special Research story go live!
Tickets are nonrefundable . Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
Pokmon Go Community Day December 2021 Special Research Story Rewards And Tasks
The final community day in Pokemon GO is being held from Saturday, December 18th until Sunday December 19th and it will be a bit of a retrospective event where Pokemon featured in previous Community Day events throughout 2021 will appear more frequently. If youve happened to miss out on catching any Pokemon from previous Community Day events in 2021 or 2020 this weekend is the time to catch them.
The Special Research Story is going to cost $1 and the event will last from December 18th, 2021 11:00am until Monday, December 20th, 2021 at 10:00am local time.
- Power up Pokémon 10 times 10x Poke Balls
- Catch 10 Pokémon featured during 2021s Community Days 10x Razz Berries
- Make 5 Nice Throws 1,500 XP
- Rewards 1,000 Stardust, 10x Pinap Berries, 1x Sinnoh Stone
- Transfer 10 Pokémon 10x Ultra Balls
- Catch 15 Pokémon featuring during 2021s Community Days 1,500 XP
- Evolve 3 Pokémon 1,500 Stardust
- Rewards 1,000 Stardust, 1x Poffin, 1x Incense
- Make 3 Great Curveball Throws 10x Pinap Berries
- Catch 15 Pokémon featured during 2021s Community Days 1x Sinnoh Stone
- Transfer 15 Pokémon 1x Elite Fast TM
- Rewards 1,000 XP, 1,000 Stardust, 1 Rocket Radar
- Claim Reward! 10x Pinap Berries
- Claim Reward! 1,500 XP
Read Also: Shiny Eevee Pokemon Sun