Ice: Only Strong Against Grass
The one redeeming quality about Ice types is that they are effective against Grass Pokémon which can be a nuisance in competitive battles. The problem is Grass types have four other weaknesses Fire, Poison, Flying, and Bug.
RELATED: The 10 Fastest Pokémon Of All Time
Honestly if youre going to counter a Grass Pokémon youre going to throw out a Fire type or a Flying type as they have far more versatility and most importantly stronger defenses than an Ice type. So while they may be suited to fight Grass types, there are other types that can do it better.
Pokemon Go: What Are Electric
Each Pokemon type has its own strengths and weaknesses in Pokemon GO.
Electric-type Pokemon have some serious strengths that trainers can take advantage of. In fact, they are only truly vulnerable to one type of Pokemon.
An Electric-type Pokemon is strong against Flying and Water-type Pokémon, such as Gyrados, Altaria, and Salamance. Therefore, if a player has an Electric-type Pokemon in their Pokedex, it will be best to use it against a Legendary Kyogre or an Aerodactyl.
Trainers also need to know how to successfully counter an Electric-type Pokemon as they are likely to encounter one in gyms, raids, field research tasks and events.
Hey, Trainers! A new batch of Field Research is now available, and I need your help! This time, Im focusing on researching Flying- and Electric-type Pokémon. Keep me updated and let me know what you find. Lets GO!
Pokémon GO May 1, 2018
Ice: One Resistance Themselves
Unlike every other Pokémon type in the game Ice Pokémon only have one resistance, other Ice Pokémon. This singular resistance against themselves makes Ice Pokémon the worst defensive Pokémon you could have on your team.
Whats worse is that because Ice Pokémon arent all that great you will rarely if ever find yourself enjoying that resistance. If you planned on making an Ice Pokémon part of your defensive lineup then their lack of resistances should make you reconsider.
You May Like: How To Catch Mew In Pokemon Fire Red
Pokmon Strength And Weakness Chart
The chart below will let you know which attacks to use and which to avoid based on Pokémon type.
For instance, a bug-type Pokémons bug attacks are super effective against grass-, dark-, and psychic-type Pokémon. However, bug-types take increased damage from any fire-, flying-, or rock-type moves.
Keep this chart handy whenever youre facing off against any trainers and especially during your Gym Challenges, as each of those trainers specializes in specific Pokémon.
As an example, the first major trainer you fight in Pokémon Sword and Shield is Milo, who specializes in grass-type Pokémon. Looking at the chart below, youll want to make sure that you have some Pokémon that can do bug-, fire-, flying-, ice-, or poison-type attacks in your roster. You may also want to take any ground-, rock-, or water-types out of that match sorry Sobble starters!
Knowing type match ups will be helpful in just about any battle, especially when youre trying to catch Dynamax and Gigantamax Pokémon.
Logical Reasons For Steel
Steel-type Pokémon have three weaknesses, ten resistances, and one immunity.
- Ground: Earthquakes destroy buildings.
- Fire: Extreme heat makes metal malleable.
- Fighting: Think of any superhero, like Captain Marvel or Superman, and how they constantly break buildings during fights.
- Rock: Rocks will break on steel.
- Grass: Plants cant root themselves in steel.
- Flying: Birds cant fly through steel structures.
- Psychic: Nobody can bend steel with their mind.
- Ice: Ice cannot break steel.
- Fairy: Fairies are depicted as guardians of nature, and man-made structures, like steel, destroy nature.
- Bug: No bug can chew through steel.
- Steel: Two metals of the same density have a hard time destroying the other.
- Dragon: Knights in steel armor are protected from the dragons claws.
- Normal: Regular animals cant harm a steel structure.
Dont Miss: How To Get Super Rocket Radar Pokemon Go
Don’t Miss: Pokemon Black 2 Cheat Codes
Ice Pokmon Weaknesses And Counters In Pokmon Go
Ice Pokémon are typically used as a sub-type in Pokémon Go because they can be easily countered if thats their only type. Their attacks are boosted by Snowy Weather, so expect to see a lot of other trainers using them if the weather predicts! This guide will help you get through the toughest battles against any type of Ice Pokémon, including some of the strongest combinations!
Bug: Worst Average Base Stats
Of all the Pokémon types in the game Bug types have the worst stats across the board. Attack, defense, special attack, it doesnt matter bugs are atrocious at them all. Part of this may be because Bug types evolve sooner than most other types so their final evolutions end up being lackluster even though they appear sooner.
Perhaps if Bugs had better stats they could hold their own a little better, but as it stands theyre at a significant disadvantage against other types who are faster, stronger, and more durable coming out of the gate.
Read Also: How Much Stardust To Trade Shiny Rayquaza
Recommended Reading: Pokemon Moon Where To Find Eevee
Pokemon Types Strengths & Weaknesses
D E F E N S E If a Pokemon type is listed as Immune against, it will take no damage from attacks of that type. If a Pokemon type is listed as Strong Defense Against, the Pokemon will only take half damage from attacks of that type. If a Pokemon type is listed as Weak Defense Against, the Pokemon will sustain double damage from attacks of that type.
O F F E N S E If a Pokemon attack type is listed as Strong Attack Against, its attacks will deal double damage to the specified Pokemon type. If a Pokemon attack type is listed as Weak Attack Against, its attacks will only deal half damage to the specified Pokemon type. If a Pokemon attack type is listed as No Effect Against, its attacks will deal no damage to the specified Pokemon type.
|Bug Weakness and Immunities|
Weaknesses Of Electric Type Pokemon
The electric type pokemon all have a collective weakness: the ground type. Other than that, as far as overall weaknesses go, it actually varies from pokemon to pokemon. However, on average, the type has the following weaknesses.
The HP of these pokemon is very low. Moreover, the defense rating of these pokemon is a little above average. However, the attack and speed stat of these pokemon is excellent and definitely above average.
The main weakness of the electric type is hitting them with solid physical moves. Specifically, ground type moves are super effective against all electric types.
In addition, ground type pokemon arent affected by electric type moves which makes them the best bet to use against an electric type pokemon.
Recommended Reading: Pokemon Black 2 Cheat Codes
What Is Super Effective Against Electric
Subsequently, one may also ask, what is super effective against lightning?
Type chart, effectiveness and weakness explained in Pokémon Go
|Flying, Poison, Bug, Steel, Fire, Grass, Dragon|
Also, what is super effective against flying? Fighting Bug Grass
Consequently, what is super effective against normal?
There is no type that Normal is super effective against. At the same time, Normal has no resistances, but does have one immunity. The only type that Ice resists is Ice itself. Ground and Fighting have the most types that they are super effective against, with 5.
What is super effective against poison?
Whats Super Effective Against Electric
Ground is the only type super effective against Electric, and is super effective against five types in total, tying with Fighting for the most super effective matchups. Because Ground is so useful offensively and resisted by so few types, Ground often provides good coverage when combined with another type of attack.
Don’t Miss: Pokemon Let’s Go How To Get Meltan
Pokmon Strengths And Weaknesses
|Fire, Ground, Rock||Electric, Grass|
Knowing your type match ups is one of the best tools youll have in all your battles. But what if you want to make sure your favorite starter Pokémon stays viable throughout your whole journey? Check out our guides for Grookey, Scorbunny, and Sobble to learn how to make your partner the best it can be.
Even more Pokémon Sword and Shield guides
Every Type’s Strengths And Weaknesses
The more you can remember from the table below, the better, as it will help you know which Pokémon and which moves to use against your opponents. Here’s a quick guide on how to read this table:
- Type: The type of Pokémon/move
- Super Effective: The types of Pokémon the attack type will do double damage against
- Not Very Effective: The types of Pokémon the attack type will do half damage against
- Weak: The types of attacks that will do double damage to a Pokémon of this type
- Immune: Types that this Pokémon type is immune to meaning they take no damage.
Using the information above and the table,e below, you can deduce everything you need to know about how each type interacts with each other. Here’s an example of how this breaks down:
- Bug attacks are super effective against Grass and Psychic-type Pokémon and will deal double damage.
- Bug attacks will do half damage to Fighting, Flying, Poison, Ghost, Steel, Fire, Dark-type Pokémon.
- Bug Pokémon are weak to Flying, Rock, Fire, and thus will take double damage from these types of attacks.
- Bug Pokémon are not immune to any damage.
Don’t Miss: Pokemon Sun Eevee Trainers
Tips When Using Electric
- Naturally, in the water areas, you need to have an Electric-type at the front to easily eliminate Water-type Pokemon.
- Dont use them in the front when youre in areas that are caves because most of the enemies would be Ground and Rock-types.
- It is also a good idea to use Electric-types when youre fighting against slower Pokemon. If your Electric-type has a good variety of moves, then using them as an opener can be a good idea because they have good Speed and Sp. Attack so they can potentially beat enemies right away.
- There are also those that have an Electric-type whose sole purpose is to cause a Paralyze status and then just set them back.
- Also, avoid putting an Electric-type against a Fighting and Dragon-type because these types have high Attack and the Electric-type has low Defence so they may get knocked out quickly.
Does Fire Beat Ice
Fire Vs Ice: But being ice, it actually takes quite a while for the fire to melt the ice. And even more, because as the ice melts, it becomes water, which makes it harder for the heat of the fire to get to the ice because it first has to deal with the water. It would take a lot more fire to instantly beat the ice.
Read Also: Pokemon Sun Passwords Mystery Gift
Ghost Types And Dak Types Should Go Hand In Hand
Another advantage to adding dark types during generation two of Pokémon was that they also ended up having the upper hand against ghost types. Much like psychic, it added some much-needed balancing to a type of Pokémon that didnt have a lot of weaknesses. However, the reasoning behind it isnt exactly clear.
Since ghosts are restless spirits that are known for going bump in the night, one would think that ghost type Pokémon would actually thrive in the dark or at least be a little more resilient to dark type attacks.
Combination Weaknesses & Strengths
Sometimes when Pokémon have secondary types, the Weaknesses & Strengths of that type might negate, amplify, or add to the Weaknesses & Strengths of the Pokémons primary type. In this list, were going to cover specifically the sub-types that change the original Weaknesses & Strengths.
- Amplifies Weakness to Ground: Fire, Poison, Rock, Steel
Read Also: How To Play Pokemon Randomizer
Relations With Other Types
- They have no effect against the Ground-type because in real life, the ground is a natural sink of electrons hence the term “grounded”. Also, electrical appliances don’t work when dirt gets into them.
- They’re strong against the Flying-type because while in the air, they don’t make contact with the ground, so they can’t divert the electricity, so they’re susceptible to strong electrical currents, and lightning is most likely to strike what’s highest above the ground.
- They’re strong against the Water-type because water is a natural electricity conductor, and if one is in the water, it gets electrocuted as well.
- The Dragon-type resists them because, in old legends, dragons were immune to the natural forces, electricity included.
- The Grass-type resists them because plants and trees are made of materials that don’t conduct electricity, like wood and rubber. Also, trees divert the electricity to the ground with their roots.
- They resist the Steel-type because all kinds of metal alloys are great electrical conductors, positive magnetism attracts metal to the point of trapping it, and negative magnetism can repel metal. Something interesting about this is the Steel-type isn’t weak to them.
- They resist themselves because adding electricity to another source of electricity increases the source.
- There are electrical fly swatters in real life that are used to kill bugs. However, the Electric type isn’t super effective against Bug types.
Logical Reasons For Dark
Dark-type Pokémon have three weaknesses, two resistances, and one immunity.
- Fairy: Magic protects fairies from the dark.
- Bug: Many bugs are nocturnal and thrive in the dark.
- Fighting: The fear of darkness has to be physically conquered.
- Dark: Darkness cant get any darker when there is absolutely zero light.
- Ghost: In their former life, the ghosts were afraid of the dark.
Read Also: Fire Red Pokeflute
Also Check: Water Strong Against
Historical Changes To Pokmon Types In Mainline Pokmon Games
When using the type chart for older mainline Pokémon games bear in mind that the following changes were made to the type system. These changes applied to all subsequent games, including remake titles
- Fairy type added
- Ghost and Dark-type moves made neutral against Steel
- Dark and Steel types added
- Bug-type moves made ineffective against Poison
- Poison-type moves made neutral against Bug
- Ice types made not very effective against Fire
- A programming bug that made the Ghost-type move Lick ineffective against Psychic Pokémon was fixed
Pokmon Type Chart: Strengths Weaknesses And Effectiveness Explained
Use this Pokémon type chart in Sword and Shield or Pokémon GO to ensure you deal super effective damage at all times.
Knowing the Pokémon type chart is one of the most important elements to becoming a top trainer. Whether youre new to the series or want to double-check something in an important battle, weve got you covered. After all, memorising all 898 Pokémons weaknesses and resistances is nigh-impossible, so its always worth checking back to be sure your team is in good shape.
A Pokémons type dictates whether it is stronger or weaker against other Pokémon. If youre at an advantage, youll deal super effective damage and if youre weaker, youll do not very effective damage. In some situations, your attack could have no effect whatsoever, so its important to get to grips with the 18 Pokémon types to maximise your damage output. Whether you are piloting one of the best Pokémon in Pokémon GO or in a Pokémon Sword and Shield ranked match, knowing the type chart is one of the biggest factors in winning or losing.
The easiest way to begin is with the three starting types. Pokémon Sword and Shield offers Scorbunny, Grookey, and Sobble to start your adventure Fire, Grass, and Water-types respectively. Fire is super effective on Grass, Grass is super effective on Water, and Water is super effective on Fire. Scorbunny beats Grookey, Grookey beats Sobble, and Sobble beats Scorbunny. Its just the Pokémon version of the circle of life.
Read Also: Shiny Leafeon And Glaceon
Pokmon Yellow: Pikachu Edition
|Normal Pokémon are weak against Fighting types. Fire Pokémon are weak against Water, Ground and Rock types. Water Pokémon are weak against Electric and Grass types. Electric Pokémon are weak against Ground types. Grass Pokémon are weak against: Fire, Ice, Poison, Flying and Bug types. Ice Pokémon are weak against Fire, Fighting and Rock types. Fighting Pokémon are weak against Flying and Psychic types. Poison Pokémon are weak against Ground, Psychic and Bug types. Ground Pokémon are weak against Water, Grass and Ice types. Flying Pokémon are weak against Electric, Ice and Rock types. Psychic Pokémon are weak against Bug types. Bug Pokémon are weak against Fire, Poison, Flying and Rock types. Rock Pokémon are weak against Water, Grass, Fighting and Ground types. Ghost Pokémon are weak against Ghost types. Dragon Pokémon are weak against Ice and Dragon types.|
|Rating of this cheat: 100% based on 1 member vote|
|0% – Useless|
What Kills Electric Pokemon
Pokémon Type Effectiveness and Weakness ChartPoisonFairy, GrassGhost, Ground, Poison, Rock, FlyingBug, Fighting, GrassElectric, Rock, SteelElectricFlying, WaterDragon, Electric, Grass, GroundElectric, Fire, Poison, Rock, SteelBug, , GrassRockBug, Fire, Flying, IceFighting, Ground, Steel20 more rowsAug 10, 2020
Don’t Miss: How Do You Earn A Gold Johto Medal