Pokmon Go Sierra Counters: Best Strategies To Beat The Rocket Leader
Pokémon GO’s Luminous Legends Y event has players taking on Team GO Rocket, and Rocket Leader Sierra will take strategic counters to beat.
The Luminous Legends Y event has started in Pokémon GO, introducing new challenges and Legendary Pokémon. The event will be broken into two parts throughout the month, with Part 1 available from May 18 to 25 and Part 2 from May 25 to 31. Pokémon GO Players will be able to capture the Legendary Pokémon Yvetal, celebrate the introduction of the Fairy-type Eeveelution Sylveon, and battle Team GO Rocket.
Working with other Pokémon GO players worldwide from May 15 to 23, trainers have been tasked with defeating 25 million Team GO Rocket grunts in order to unlock 3x Catch XP, Galarian Zigzagoon as an option for 1-star raids, and a chance for those raids to contain a Shiny Galarian Zigzagoon. Players can also take on the Rocket Leader Sierra and her dangerous lineup of Pokémon after locating her with a Rocket Radar. A Rocket Radar requires 6 Mysterious Components, which can be obtained from Team GO Rocket grunts.
Best Ampharos Counters In Pokemon Go
Go for Landorus here as it will be your best bet of getting to the second round quickly Earthquake will do some serious damage to Ampharos and it wont take a lot more to finish this one off.
Ground-type moves are the only weakness that Ampharos has, so if you dont have a Landorus, go for a Pokemon that specialises in these moves and is high-powered enough to cause a lot of harm Groudon and Excadrill are two others that will get the job done.
Read more on Pokemon:
Best Team To Beat Sierra In Pokemon Go
One of the best potential lineups to defeat Sierra in Pokemon Go would be Magnezone, Garchomp, and Swampert.
Magnezones Lightning and Steel-type attacks will help you easily defeat Sneasel and exploit its weaknesses. On top of this, the inclusion of Swampert will allow you to take out the various Pokemon who are weak to Ground attacks in Sierras lineup such as Houndoom, Gliscor, and Drapion.
- Read More: Best attackers and defenders
Finally, make sure you take Garchomp, as youll need a Dragon-type as itll also provide even more Ground attacks to utilize.
Keep in mind, Team Go Rocket Leader Sierra is a difficult battle for almost any trainer, but if you take advantage of each Pokemons weaknesses with the counters weve listed above, you should be able to defeat her down eventually.
Also Check: Pokemon Fire Red Gym Leaders
Pokmon Go’s Team Go Rocket Leader Sierra Uses Many Different Types
Sierra has three Pokémon in total. After Sneasel, the last two Pokémon on her team are decided from three possible options each. Below are her potential team members, their types, and what Pokémon could work best against them, according to recommendations from Pokémon Go Hub, a site that specializes in battle guides and Pokémon GO strategies.
- Gliscor – Ground/Flying-type. Double-weak to Ice types like Glaceon, Froslass, and Mamoswine.
- Granbull – Fairy-type. Weak to Poison and Steel types like Metagross, Excadrill, and Roserade.
- Ampharos – Electric-type. Weak to Ground types like Garchomp, Rhyperior, and Excadrill.
- Houndoom – Dark/Fire-type. Weak to Fighting, Water, Ground, and Rock types like Rhyperior, Swampert, and Conkeldurr.
- Kingdra – Water/Dragon-type. Weak to Fairy and Dragon types like Togekiss, Gardevoir, and Haxorus.
- Drapion – Poison/Dark-type. Weak to Ground types like Excadrill, Garchomp, and Rhyperior.
With the right team, Pokémon GO players should be able to take Sierra out, keep up their work rescuing the Shadow Pokémon captured by Team GO Rocket, and continue to enjoy the Luminous Legends Y event for the rest of May.
Best Sneasel Counters In Pokemon Go
You have some choices here as Sneasle can be taken down with Fighting, Fairy, Bug, Steel, Fire and Rock moves. Lucario is the best Pokemon you can pick to go up against Sneasle and the Aura Sphere attack is a powerful one that will do a lot of damage. Equally, Machamp will do some great punching damage while you can also go for Breloom or Blaziken.
How To Defeat Leader Arlo In November Best Counters
This November, Arlo will start with Gligar, which is also his guaranteed match by defeating him. This is the team that we will meet and the selection of opponents that we have made.
- First Pokémon: Gligar.
- Second Pokémon : Mawile, Cradily or Lapras.
- Third Pokémon : Scissors, Gardevoir or Snorlax.
Reward for beating him: Guaranteed encounter with Gligar.
- Mawile: Chandelure, Darmanitan, Volcarona, Moltres.
- Cradily: Metagross, Lucario, Darmanitan, Machamp.
- Lapras: Lucario, Rampardos, Zekrom, Deoxys Ataque.
- Scizor: Reshiram, Chandelure, Volcarona, Blaziken.
- Storage: Metagross, Chandelure, Gengar, Dialga.
- Snorlax: Breelom, Blaziken, Machamp, Conkeldurr.
Best Sierra Counters For Pokemon Go In July 2021
So, we know who Sierra will start with as it never changes, but rounds 2 and 3 have multiple options for which Pokemon she will pit yours up against, and so we need to look at them all to work out the best way to win the fight.
You need to prepared for each of the Pokemon that Sierra could send out and make sure youve got a decent counter in your back pocket for each of them. At a glance, then, this is what Sierra has in store for you:
- Shadow Sneasel
- Shadow Gliscor
- Shadow Granbull
- Shadow Ampharos
- Shadow Kingler
- Shadow Houndoom
- Shadow Drapion
This is a bit of a tricky one as there are a few different varieties of Pokemon that Sierra could throw at you. But to stand the best chance of getting this done on your first try, we suggest arming yourself up with Lucario as there are two in Sierras line-up that it will work well against.
Machamp can also take a couple out so have him ready to go too, and have an Electric-type Pokemon like Electivire ready as well. And just hope that the Pokemon you face will get the job done we cant predict which ones you will be dealing with.
It is worth noting that you can re-pick your team after losing to Sierra once, by opting for a rematch at the same location, which should mean that Sierra makes the same picks again but this time, youll know who youre up against, so you can make your own picks more wisely. And if you want more tips, keep reading!
Recommended Reading: Pokemon Go On Fire Tablet
Pokemon Go Rocket Leaders How To Beat Rocket Leader Arlo
Arlo’s team in Pokemon Go is nothing to scoff at. As with all of the other leaders, Arlo’s team is made up of three Pokemon, but each slot has the chance to be one of multiple Pokemon. While you might luck out and have a Fire-type to counter his Steelix, he could just as easily use Blastoise as his second Pokemon instead.
Here are all the possibilities for Arlo’s three slots in Pokemon Go.
How To Defeat Sierra In Pokmon Go May 2021
Rally your teams for one of Team Rocket’s captains.
As players take on Team GO Rocket Grunts in Pokémon Go, theyll receive items called Mysterious Components. Piecing them together creates a tracker used to hunt down Team Rockets three captains: Arlo, Cliff, and Sierra.
Six of the Mysterious Components crafts the Rocket Radar, which can be equipped from your bag and will lead you to the Rocket leaders.
With all of the Rocket Balloons floating around the overworld, you can also use the Rocket Radar to spawn all three leaders.
Each captain has a different team comprised of three Pokémon. Which Pokémon will be on the team is randomized, but there are a limited number of possibilities for each captain. While the three bosses may seem difficult at first, those who are well-prepared heading into the match will have no problem taking down the Team Rocket leaders.
So heres everything you need to know about GO Rocket leader Sierra and her Pokémon.
Don’t Miss: Water Weakness Pokemon
How To Encounter Sierra In Pokmon Go
Encountering Sierra in Pokémon GO requires a Team Rocket Radar before she has the potential to spawn. With a radar active, Sierra can spawn through an air balloon or on specific Pokéstops. A Team Rocket Radar can be earned through gathering six Mysterious Components. These components will drop whenever a Team Rocket Grunt has been defeated.
The Team Rocket Radar can also be bought directly from the in-game store for a price of 200 Pokécoins. In one out of three spawns, Sierra will appear. There will also be a chance to face off against the other Team Rocket leaders Arlo and Cliff.
What Are The Best Pokmon Go Sierra Counters For Sneasel
Currently, Sierra always uses Shadow Sneasel as her first Pokémon. Sneasel uses dark and ice moves, is weak to fire, rock, bug, steel, and fairy moves, and is double weak to fighting so its best to use a fighting type as a counter!
- Lucario Counter and Power-up Punch or Aura Sphere
- Conkeldurr Counter and Dynamic Punch or Focus Blast
- Machamp Counter and Dynamic Punch or Close Combat
- Blaziken Counter and Focus Blast or Blast Burn
- Hariyama Counter and Superpower or dynamic punch
- Emboar Low Kick and focus blast
Don’t Miss: Pokemon Go Eevee Evolutions Shiny
How To Beat Sierra In Pokemon Go
To defeat Sierra, youll need to utilize a variety of different Pokemon types. Weve featured a mix of stronger Legendaries and more common alternatives, so there should be something here to meet every trainers needs, and all of them are solid choices.
Lets take a look at the weaknesses of all the different Pokemon Sierra will choose to send out during your battle, and which counters you should be using to beat her.
Pokemon Go Sierra Lineup
Much like her two pals, Sierra has one Pokemon shell use every time – thats her Sneasel who shell deploy first. Her second and third Pokemon could be any one of six Pokemon, however. Her second Pokemon could be any of the following:
And her third could be either:
Heres how to take care of them
You May Like: Pokemon Heart Gold Cheats Desmume
Pokemon Go Rocket Leaders How To Battle Rocket Leaders In Pokemon Go
In order to challenge Rocket Leaders in Pokemon Go, you’ll first need to collect Mysterious Components. You get these items from defeating Rocket Grunts at PokeStops once you’ve collected six, you’ll be able to combine them in order to form a Rocket Radar, which you can use to locate one of the three Rocket Leaders in Pokemon Go.
Once you figure out where either Arlo, Sierra, or Cliff is hiding, you can challenge them to a battle.
Pokmon Go Sierra Guide: August 2021
The best Pokémon to defeat Team GO Rocket Leader Sierra in Pokémon GO.
A comprehensive guide on how to defeat Rocket Leader Sierra in Pokémon GO, updated for August 2021. We got you covered with the best Pokémon to use against Sierra, regardless of which line-up Sierra uses.
Remember that you can rematch Sierra if you lose the first time. Use this guide in combination with knowing Sierras Pokémon to ensure a victory. Sierra is often considered to be the easiest Team Go Rocket leader but this time around, she is a little more challenging than usual. But dont worry! Simply follow this guide and you shouldnt have any problem whatsoever!
Note: In Trainer Battles, counters need not always be Pokémon that do super-effective damage. We include Pokémon that are more viable to defeat Arlo, rather than those who do maximum damage.
Also Check: How To Catch Mew In Pokemon Fire Red
Leader Arlo New Pokemon Lineup And Best Counters
#1 Shadow Pokemon lineup and best counters
- Ho-Oh with Hidden Power and Brave Bird
- Articuno with Frost Breath and Icy Wind
- Shadow Ho-Oh with Hidden Power and Earthquake
- Mega Charizard Y with Fire Spin and Dragon Claw
- Togekiss with Hidden Power and Ancient Power
#2 Shadow Pokemon lineup and best counters
- Mega Gyarados with Waterfall and Aqua Tail
- Mega Houndoom with Fire Fang and Return
- Reshiram with Fire Fang and Return
- Mega Charizard X with Ember and Dragon Claw
- Entei with Fire Fang and Return
- Shadow Electivire with Thunder Shock and Wild Charge
- Shadow Machamp with Counter and Dynamic Punch
- Mega Manectric with Thunder Fang and Wild Charge
- Shadow Raikou with Thunder Shock and Wild Charge
- Shadow Magnezone with Spark and Wild Charge
- Genesect with Fury Cutter and X-Scissor
- Burn Genesect with Fury Cutter and X-Scissor
- Cobalion with Metal Claw and Sacred Sword
- Mega Gengar with Shadow Claw and Shadow Punch
- Heatran with Fire Spin and Iron Head
#3 Shadow Pokemon lineup and best counters
- Heatran with Fire Spin and Iron Head
- Ho-Oh with Incinerate and Brave Bird
- Mega Charizard Y with Ember and Blast Burn
- Shadow Ho-Oh with Hidden Power and Earthquake
- Reshiram with Fire Fang and Return
- Obstagoon with Counter and Cross Chop
- Mega Gyarados with Dragon Tail and Aqua Tail
- Yveltal with Snarl and Focus Blast
- Meloetta with Quick Attack and Close Combat
- Melmetal with Thunder Shock and Superpower
Tips For Defeating Sierra
Unlike standard Team GO Rocket Grunts, Leaders can use Shields. Leaders will use up one of their shields every time you use a Charge Move, so its good to have a Pokemon with a Charge Move that has a low energy requirement such as Machamp with Cross Chop so you can burn through their shields quickly and hit their later Pokemon hard with a stronger Charge Move with a higher energy requirement.
According to a set of tips from user Paraprosdokian7 and LanAkou, the Pokemon used by Team GO Rocket Leaders have souped up attack stats. That means that its not only important to use Pokemon that can deal super effective damage but ones that can resist their attacks. You can bait the leaders into using up all their shields quickly if you use fast charging Charge Moves constantly in the beginning. That way your more powerful Charge Moves can hit the opponent without a hitch. If you can kill a Pokemon easily with Fast Moves, save up your Charge Moves for the next Pokemon they send out especially if that Pokemon isnt weak to your Fast Moves. Click on the links on each user for more info.
Rewards include 1,000 Stardust and two of the following rewards: one Unova Stone, one Sinnoh Stone, one Max Revive, three Revives, one Max Potion or three Max Potions according to The Silph Road Subreddit. Youll also get to capture one of the Shadow Pokemon used by the leader with a chance of them being shiny, according to Pokemon GO Hub.
Recommended Reading: Best Sinnoh Stone Evolutions Pokemon Go
Best Pokemon Team To Beat Sierra In Pokemon Go
Sierra has a decent mix of Pokemon types in her team this tiem around, but Fighting mons can still tear through her team if she sends out the right creatures. Still, its best not to lean on that possibility. Before you know what she has, just try to build a team that does the best job of covering all possibilities.
My ideal team for beating Sierra is:
Any other solid Pokemon of the same types should help you to victory in your battle against Sierra. Thats all you need to know about how to beat Team GO Rocket Leader Sierra in Pokemon Go. Now its time to take on Arlo and Cliff so you can face Giovanni.
What Are The Best Pokmon Go Sierra Counters For Granbull
Sierras Granbull can have a variety of dark, fairy, and fighting moves, but doesnt have any double weaknesses. It is weak to poison and steel moves though, so we recommend these Pokémon to counter it.
- Metagross Bullet Punch and Meteor Mash or Flash Cannon
- Dialga Metal Claw and Iron Head or Draco Meteor
- Roserade Poison Jab and Sludge Bomb or Grass Knot
- Genesect Metal Claw and Magnet Bomb or X-Scissor
- Excadrill Metal Claw and Iron Head or Earthquake
- Jirachi Confusion and Doom Desire or Psychic
How To Beat Team Leaders In Pokemon Go
So, there you have it. All you need to know about beating Sierra in Pokemon Go in September 2021, and the best counters you need to use.
For all of the best tips and tricks to become the very best, make sure to check out our other guides:
Team Go Rocket Aerial Attacks
As of July 7, 2020, Team GO Rocket has now taken to the skies. Four times a day, a Team GO Rocket balloon can appear on the map. These encounters work almost identically to Team GO Rocket PokéStop Invasions. Under normal circumstances, Trainers can expect:
- Without a Rocket Radar, you will encounter Grunts.
- Jesse and James in their Meowth hot air balloon are no longer appearing, but should they return, they give you the chance to earn two Mysterious Components for the one balloon.
- With a normal Rocket Radar equipped, you will encounter one of the Team GO Rocket Executives.
- With a Super Rocket Radar equipped, you will have the chance to encounter Giovanni, himself.
- The first balloon will show up between midnight and 6 AM local time.
- The second balloon will show up between 6 AM and noon local time.
- The third balloon will show up between noon and 6 PM local time.
- The final balloon will show up between 6 PM and midnight local time.
The line ups for Shadow Pokémon are the same as if you encountered Team GO Rocket at a PokéStop. If you don’t beat the Executive or Giovanni, your Radar will remain intact until you are able to defeat a Team GO Rocket leader.
Recommended Reading: Get Sinnoh Stone Pokemon Go