Arlo’s Pokmon Lineup And Counters
The first Pokémon Arlo can send out will either be a Pineco or a Mawile.
- Pineco can use Normal and Bug fast moves, as well as Ground, Rock, and Steel charged moves. His weaknesses are Fire, Rock, and Flying.
- Mawile uses Fire, Dark, Ice, and Ghost fast moves, with Fairy or Steel charge moves. He is also weak to Fire, as well as Ground moves.
- The best counters to either of these first picks would be a Pokémon with fire moves since both options have that as a weakness. Chandelure, Blaziken, and Moltres are all good picks here since they can learn Fire Spin and Overheat.
The Best Team To Use Against Rocket Leader Arlo This Month
Want to know how to defeat Rocket Leader Arlo in Pokémon Go? Well youve come to the right place. Just like the other team leaders, Arlo can switch around his line-up and be a pretty big threat, though the risks in this case are well worth the excellent rewards. As such, weve put together a list of the best counters to use against him, giving you a major edge in battle.
With such a huge list of Pokémon to pick from, and so many different types of moves, it can be a real challenge to know what team to choose when facing up against the masters. But in this Pokémon Go Arlo guide, we will tell you exactly what to pick to counter each of his possible choices this month, making sure you can continue your journey to be the very best.
If you find this useful and are a big Pokémon fan, take a look at our Pokémon Go Cliff, Pokémon Go Sierra, or Pokémon Go level 50 guides. You can also head over to our Pokémon Go events or Pokémon Go codes lists to see what freebies you can snag!
How To Beat The Team Go Rocket Leaders
As always counters are going to be very important when fighting the Rocket Leaders, but there is some other strategy that you should know as well. These important tips for how to beat Arlo, Cliff and Sierra will help you regardless of which Pokemon they are using or you are using. As a rule of thumb you should always put your lead Pokemon in the second or third slot, then swap to them immediately. This will make the Team GO Rocket Leaders pause their attacks and you can get some free hits in. By doing this correctly right when the battle begins you get some quick damage and charge up your Charge Attack. The second big tip to beat the Team Go Rocket Leaders is to use the aforementioned Charged Attack. Charged Attacks used at the beginning of this fight in quick succession can take down the shields for Arlo, Cliff and Sierra.
Using those two tips + the correct counters for the Team Go Rocket Leaders and you should have no problem beat them. Now lets get into the best counters for Arlo, Cliff and Sierra for November 2021.
Read Also: Difference Between Pokemon Eevee And Pikachu
Pokemon Go Arlo Guide: The Best Counters For Defeating The Team Go Rocket Leader
These tips will give you a leg up on this sneaky Team Go Rocket trainer.
Pokemon Go has its fair share of formidable challenges, from 5-star raids against powerful Mythical Pokemon to a Battle League filled with Trainers seeking glory in Pokemon battles. Looking in the shadows however is Team Go Rocket–the Pokemon Go version of the longtime Pokemon antagonists–and their four leaders Arlo, Cliff, Sierra, and Giovanni himself. This guide will tell you everything you need to defeat Arlo, the former Team Valor member and friend of its leader Candela.
Arlo will always use Shadow Venonat in the starting position. This will not change no matter how many times you face him. Phases 2 and 3 of the battle, however, will be a different experience every time. Each phase sees Arlo choose one of three randomized Shadow Pokemon, as listed below
- Phase 1
- Shadow Venonat
Best Arlo Counters
Fire Pokemon are key to victory against Arlo, as both his lead Shadow Venonat and his Phase 3 Pokemon–no matter who he chooses–can’t take the heat. Your most powerful Fire Pokemon will need to be ready to bookend the battle, and we have a few suggestions:
- Excadrill, equipped with Mud-Slap as its main move and Rock Slide as its Charge Move
- Machamp, equipped with Counter as its main move and Stone Edge as its Charge Move
- Tyranitar, equipped with Smack Down as its main move and Stone Edgeas its Charge Move
The Best Counters For Arlo In Pokemon Go: July 2021
If Pokemon GO players want to battle the wicked Team GO Rocket kingpin Giovanni, they’ll need to defeat his GO Rocket Leaders and assemble the Super Rocket Radar.
Fielding a team of Shadow Pokemon, the trio have tweaked their battle parties and are ready to take on trainers again to defend their boss. Like his other comrades, Arlo has rotated his team periodically so that players don’t come up with a solid strategy to defeat him.
Fortunately, there are counters for the new Team GO Rocket Leader teams, and players can take full advantage of them in order to speed up their progress.
Read Also: Pokemon Go Promotions
If You’re Someone Who Has A Bone To Pick With Team Rocket Then You Might Want To Know How To Beat Arlo In Pokemon Go For March And April 2020
Published April 1, 2020, 4:08 p.m.aboutPokemon Go
by Ginny Woo
If beating up Team Rocket is how you want to progress things, then there’s plenty to do in Pokemon GO. In particular, you’re going to want to take on the lieutenants that staff this criminal organisation. Enter, Arlo. While others might worry about Sierra, we reckon this guy’s a sleeper rival if you’re not careful with your team. Here’s how to beat Arlo in Pokemon GO for March and April 2020.
Pokmon Go Arlo July 2021 Counters Venonat Weakness And How To Beat
Pokémon Go has an exciting July 2021 for trainers, but not everything is bliss as Team Go Rocket are still around and up to no good. To help purify their Shadow creatures, you will need the best counters to exploit the weakness of Venonat to beat Arlo.
Go Fest is the major event for the month, yet there are lots of other occasions to be excited about over the next 31 days. This includes a Tepig Community Day on the 3rd and a chance to capture Pikachu wearing an Okinawan kariyushi shirt on the 22nd.
Before both of the above events happen, you will want to help rid the games world of evil by defeating the specky member of Team Go Rocket.
- POKÉMON GO: How to beat Cliff during July 2021
Pokémon Legends Arceus: A familiar region. A new story.
Don’t Miss: Pokemon Season 19 Episode 13
Team Go Rocket Aerial Attacks
As of July 7, 2020, Team GO Rocket has now taken to the skies. Four times a day, a Team GO Rocket balloon can appear on the map. These encounters work almost identically to Team GO Rocket PokéStop Invasions. Under normal circumstances, Trainers can expect:
- Without a Rocket Radar, you will encounter Grunts.
- Jesse and James in their Meowth hot air balloon are no longer appearing, but should they return, they give you the chance to earn two Mysterious Components for the one balloon.
- With a normal Rocket Radar equipped, you will encounter one of the Team GO Rocket Executives.
- With a Super Rocket Radar equipped, you will have the chance to encounter Giovanni, himself.
- The first balloon will show up between midnight and 6 AM local time.
- The second balloon will show up between 6 AM and noon local time.
- The third balloon will show up between noon and 6 PM local time.
- The final balloon will show up between 6 PM and midnight local time.
The line ups for Shadow Pokémon are the same as if you encountered Team GO Rocket at a PokéStop. If you don’t beat the Executive or Giovanni, your Radar will remain intact until you are able to defeat a Team GO Rocket leader.
What Are The Best Pokmon Go Arlo Counters For Venonat
Arlo will always use Shadow Venonat as his first Pokémon. Luckily, Venonat is a pretty easy opponent to beat. It uses bug and poison attacks, so it is best to use dire or flying-type Pokémon to counter it.
- Dialga Dragon Breath and Iron Head or Draco Meteor
- Ho-OhIncinerate and Brave Bird of Earthquake
- Dragonite Dragon Breath and Dragon Claw or Hurricane
- Reshiram Dragon Breath and Crunch or Overheat
- Genesect Fury Cutter and Magnet Bomb or X-Scissor
Recommended Reading: Can You Get Mimikyu In Pokemon Go
Earning Or Purchasing Rocket Radars To Challenge Team Go Rocket
After you’ve constructed your first Rocket Radar, additional Rocket Radar can be purchased in the PokéShop for 200 PokéCoins each. While $2 worth of PokéCoins might seem like a small amount to pay for a Rocket Radar, previous Community Days have featured paid special research that included a Rocket Radar among the generous rewards for only $1 and other events have rewarded Rocket Radars as well. You will still need to track down the right Executives to battle, but if you don’t have to fight your way through several grunts each time, this could make completing the Team GO Rocket Special Research a little more doable.
Pokmon Go Arlo October 2020 Counters Growlithe Weakness And How To Beat
Pokémon Go has entered a new month and this has brought about An Inter-egg-sting Development with tasks and rewards. Aside from having the usual objectives and prizes, it also asks players to beat all of the Team Go Rocket leaders and boss including Arlo. With the line-up for each Team Go Rocket leader having changed, here youll discover how to beat Arlo in Pokémon Go during October 2020 by using counters and exploiting the weakness of Growlithe.
Aside from the An Inter-egg-sting Development tasks and rewards, there are also Strange Eggs for you to get and hatch. These are 12km Eggs, and they house the likes of Pawniard, Vullaby, and Absol, as well as others such as Larvitar.
While the Strange Eggs are a neat incentive, below youll discover how to beat Arlo in Pokémon Go during October 2020 by using counters and knowing the weakness of Growlithe.
- POKÉMON GO:How to beat Sierra during October 2020
Team GO Rocket never rests, Trainers, and neither can we! Lets save as many of these Strange Eggs as possible from Team GO Rocket!
You May Like: Pokemon Sun And Moon Eevee
What Are The Best Pokmon Go Arlo Counters For Crobat
Arlos Shadow Crobat is a standard poison and flying-type Pokémon. To counter it, its a good idea to choose a Pokemon with rock and style-type moves.
- Tyranitar Smack Down and Crunch or Stone Edge
- Aggron Smack Down and Heavy Slam or Stone Edge
- Regirock Lock On and Focus Blast or Stone Edge
- Melmetal Thunder Shock and Superpower or Rock Slide
- Probopass Spark and Rock Slide or Magnet Bomb
- Jirachi Confusion and Doom Desire or Psychic
How To Beat Arlo May 2021 Related Searches
How to beat Arlo May 2021?
How to beat Arlo in Pokémon Go?
How to beat leader Arlo May 2021?
How to beat Arlo Pokemon?
How to beat Arlo Pokemon Go
How to beat Arlo in Pokemon Go?
How to beat Arlo team rocket?
How to beat leader Arlo?
How to beat leader Arlo Pokemon Go
How to beat team leader Arlo
How to beat Arlo balloon
How to beat Arlo May 2021
How to beat Arlo Pokemon Go balloon?
Recommended Reading: Gotcha Connected But Not Catching
Pokemon Go Arlo Counters: Venonat
Game Freak | Satoshi Tajiri
Arlos first beastie is an easier one to be ready for as itll be the same every time. To get past the Venonat, youre best off using:
- Mewtwo, with Confusion and Psystrike
- Attack Form Deoxys, with Zen Headbutt and Psycho Boost
- Reshiram, with Fire Fang and Overheat
- Galarian Darmanitan, with Ice Fang and Overheat
- Chandelure, with Fire Spin and Overheat
There are of course three choices for Arlos second and third Pokemon, making him tougher to predict. Here are the best counters to his choices for his second Pokemon:
Rescuing Strange Eggs From Team Go Rocket
New as of , Trainers can now earn Strange Eggs by defeating the Leaders of Team GO Rocket. These special eggs only carry a select few Poison and Dark type Pokémon, as well as Pokémon that evolve into Poison or Dark types, and they require a whopping 12 KM to hatch. Currently, the following Pokémon can be hatched from Strange Eggs:
Recommended Reading: Gotcha Ban
How To Beat Team Go Rocket Leader Giovanni
The Founder of Team GO Rocket, Giovanni is the only one bringing in Legendary Shadow Pokémon. For the time being, however, his team is more limited than his Executives. His first Pokémon is always Persian and his last is currently Shadow Ho-Oh.
Giovanni’s first Pokémon is Persian. The best Pokémon to counter Persian are Tyranitar, Machamp, Conkeldurr, Lucario, and Hariyama. However, you can also use this time to build up a charged attack for his second Pokémon.
For his second Pokémon, Giovanni could bring Golem. As a Ground and Rock type, Grass and Water are the best bets, but it’s also weak to Fighting, Ground, Ice, and Steel. Some of the top counters include Torterra, Mega Gyarados, Swampert, Mega Venusaur, Kyogre, and Leafeon.
- If he brings Cloyster, this Water and Ice type takes increased damage from Electric, Fighting, Grass, and Rock type moves. Some of the top counters include Melmetal, Shadow Magmortar, Omastar, Arcanine, Regirock, and Lucario.
Machamp could be his second Pokémon. Fairy, Flying, and Psychic types deal super effective damage to this pure Fighting type. Your best options for countering are Lugia, Mewtwo, Zapdos, Shadow Zapdos, Cresselia or Shadow Mewtwo.
Giovanni’s third Pokémon is currently Shadow Ho-Oh. The Legendary Bird is a Flying and Fire type Pokémon so it is weak to Electric and Water, and has a quad weakness to Rock. Top counters include Mega Ampharos, Politoad, Mew, Swampert, Mega Gyarados, Shadow Raikou, and Mega Blastoise.
Arlos First Pokemon Venonat
Unlike the remainder of Arlos staff, his first Pokemon will all the time be the identical: Venonat. This Pokemon is a twin Bug and Poison-type, making it weak to Flying, Rock, Fire, and Psychic-type strikes. It in the meantime resists injury from Poison, Bug, Fairy, Fighting, and Grass-type strikes.
Venonat is Arlos weakest Pokemon, making it simple to get by shortly. Its weak stats moreover make it a superb goal for cost strikes as a way to make Arlo waste his Protect Shields early. If gamers need to do away with Venonat shortly although, the most effective counters for it are:
Reshiram Fire Fang and Overheat
Galarian Darmanitan Ice Fang and Overheat
Chandelure Fire Spin and Overheat
Darmanitan Fire Fang and Overheat
Rampardos Smack Down and Rock Slide
You May Like: What Time Do Raids End Pokemon Go
Recommended Reading: How To Enter Pokemon Go Promo Codes
Pokemon Go Sierra Arlo Cliff November 2021 Lineup And Best Counters
Trainers, A Looming Shadow Returns is a new event in Pokemon Go, and Team Go Rocket leaders Sierra, Arlo, and Cliff are back in the game. The three leaders now use different Shadow Pokemon in battles, and you have a chance to catch a new shiny Shadow Pokemon.
Team Go Rocket was temporarily removed from Pokemon Go due to in-game issues. The Festival of Lights event and Professor Willows research into Hoopa caught Team Go Rockets attention and it seems like the three leaders Sierra, Arlo, and Cliff are coming back stronger, with new Shadow Pokemon lineups, ready to take over the Pokemon Go world.
The Team Go Rocket leaders are now appearing more often at PokeStops and in balloons, and to be honest, the Team Go Rocket leaders in Pokemon Go are probably the most difficult battles. Defeating Sierra, Arlo, and Cliff can be quite a challenge, and using the best Pokemon counters and moves will help you a lot to beat them.
That said, lets take a look at the new Shadow Pokemon and how to beat Team Go Rocket leaders Sierra, Arlo, and Cliff.
Arlo Lineups And Best Counters
#1 Arlo lineup and counters
- Giratina with Shadow Claw and Shadow Sneak
- Giratina Origin with Shadow Claw and Ominous Wind
- Mega Gengar with Hex and Shadow Punch
- Gengar with Shadow Claw and Shadow Punch
- Excadrill with Mud Shot and Drill Run
#2 Arlo lineup and counters
- Metagross with Bullet Punch and Meteor Mash
- Giratina Origin with Shadow Claw and Shadow Ball
- Shadow Metagross with Bullet Puncha dn meteor Mash
- Dialga with Metal Claw and Iron Head
- Mega Gengar with Lick and Shadow Punch
- Mewtwo with Psycho Cut and Psystrike
- Shadow Mewtwo with Psycho Cut and Psystrike
- Mega Gengar with Shadow Claw and Psychic
- Armored Mewtwo with Confusion and Psystrike
- Moltres with Wing Attack and Sky Attack
- Excadrill with Mud Shot and Drill Run
- Shadow Machamp with Counter and Cross Chop
- Hariyama with Counter and Superpower
- Machamp with Karate Chop and Close Combat
- Lucario with Counter and Close Combat
#3 Arlo lineup and counters
- Mega Gengar with Shadow Claw and Shadow Ball
- Dialga with Dragon Breath and Iron Head
- Empoleon with Waterfall and Hydro Cannon
- Cobalion with Metal Claw and Stone Edge
- Mega Blastoise with Water gun and Hydro Cannon
- Ho-Oh with Incinerate and Brave Bird
- Heatran with Fire Spin and Stone Edge
- Mega Charizard Y with Ember and Dragon Claw
- Blaziken with Fire Spin and Blaze Kick
- Moltres with Fire Spin and Sky Attack
Don’t Miss: Pokemon Characters Names And Pictures