What About Fun Can’t You Just Buddy For Fun
Absolutely! If you have a favorite Pokémon or one you simply thinks looks awesome as a buddy, and you don’t care about Gyms or Pokédex, have at it!
What Is Buddy Adventure Anyway
Buddy Adventure is a new way to interact with your Pokémon in Pokémon Go. It’s similar to how Ash’s Pikachu didn’t like to stay in his ball and preferred to follow him. With Buddy Adventure, your Buddy Pokémon can follow you on the map, and will even interact with you and help you on your journey. None of this happens automatically though. Like any friendship, you have to put in the work with your Buddy Pokémon too. There are things you can do to build up your Buddy Level and if you keep at it, you’ll eventually be Best Buddies.
How Do You Add Or Change Your Buddy Pokmon In Pokmon Go
If you’re brand new to Pokémon Go, here’s how to choose or change your Buddy Pokémon:
Choose a Buddy from your Pokémon list, if you’ve never chosen one before. Otherwise, tap on the Change button at the bottom right.
Tap the Exit button at the bottom middle .
Your chosen Pokémon is now your Buddy! Though it won’t walk next to you on the map sadness! it will have a tiny avatar to the right of your portrait, and you can tap on your Trainer screen at any time to see how far you’ve walked with your Buddy Pokémon, how many candies you’ve accumulated, and access your Buddy Pokémon’s screen to quickly evolve or power up.
Tap on Power Up or Evolve to use your accumulated candy.
Also Check: Pokemon That Can Learn Fly
Notorvip Ez 9999 Pokemon Go Buddy Km Chart Gen 5
spoofer.online Pokemon Go Buddy Km Chart Gen 5
tweakinject.com www.spoofer.co pokemonspoof.club apptweak.live pokemonspoofer.net www.ispoofer.com ispoofer.com pokespoof.com daxerlokura.com pg.aacheat.com www.pkgo.fullpcgames.xyz bit.ly/2gieory pohack.top boost9.com/coins hackpokego.info www.hackpokego.info pogo.famtools.com pokemon.appclub.net appstweak.com spoofing.club ogmod.co appject.co tweakapps.club instanspoof.live spoofer.vip ogjoy.co injector.vip/pokemon getspoofer.com pokespoofer.co spoofer.online apker.live tweakninja.com easymod.co appheaven.vip notor.vip notor.vip/pokemon gamestube.net gospoofy.com pokspoofer.xyz oginject.club dotus.live/pokemon dotus.live udos.best/pokemon udos.best tweakmob.com doin.site/pokemon doin.site tutuapp.io tweakfam.net thatapp.casa/Spoofer rodus.live/pokemon appinjects.com appfam.net gtrix.co/poke
How To Get Your Buddy Excited
Heres how to get your Buddy excited:
- You will need 32 Points per day to reach Excited mood for your Buddy
- Each Activity you do has a 30 minute cooldown, except Walk 2 KM per day
- You need to do these activities three times per day, as you can earn 14 Points from completing all of them
Here are the activities you can do to get to Excited Mood:
- Visit a new location
- Take a Snapshot of the Buddy
- Open a Souvenir / Present
- Visit a Location highlighted by your Buddy
Recommended Reading: Pokemon How To Evolve Onix
Pokmon Go Buddy: How To Choose The Very Best
Just like Ash chose Pikachu, Pokémon Go gives you the ability to choose Buddy Pokémon to take with you on your adventures. Sadly, the Buddy Pokémon doesn’t appear on the map with you when you walk around ;at least not yet! but it does appear with you on the avatar button and on your player screen.
When you walk with your Buddy you get candy that you can use to evolve it, power it up, or both. Walk a Larvitar, get candy you can use to evolve Pupitar and Tyranitar, and power up Tyranitar. Walk Chansey, get candy you can use to evolve and power up Blissey.
You can get a lot more candy from hatching an egg or catching a Pokémon in the wild than you can walking a Pokémon, of course. But you never know when you’ll catch or hatch a specific Pokémon,and some Pokémon can’t be hatched from eggs at all.
Berries And Buddy Mood
Feeding your Buddy Berries will fill up its Hunger meter. As time goes on, your Buddy will get hungry and its mood will reduce. There are 6 segments in the Hunger meter and each segment lasts for 30 minutes. Your Buddy will deplete the entire Hunger meter in 3 hours.
Depending on the type of Berry you use, the Hunger meter will fill up differently:
- Razz Berry, Pinap Berry and Nanab Berry grant 2 bars
- Golden Razz Berry and Silver Pinap Berry grant 6 bars
Swapping out your Buddy will make it Hungry instantly, which can be useful to quickly collect Affection Hearts for this category. Be careful, as walking distance will be reset on swap.
Your Buddy will become hungry even if the game is not running.
You May Like: Shiny Glaceon Comparison
Km Buddy Distances Explained
With such high distances, we recommend you use Rare Candy to level up these creatures instead.
The Season of Mischief is here!Current events include the Season 9 of Go Battle League, the addition of Raid Achievements and the Misunderstood Mischief research quest. Shiny Ditto can also now be found in the wild and this tricky Pokémon is now appearing as new creatures!Meanwhile, the last major update saw a level cap increase – including the addition of XL Candy, boosts to some XP sources and the addition of Platinum Medals. Inkay and Malamar are now in Pokémon Go!
The Unhatchables: Which Pokmon Are Rare Or Impossible To Hatch From Eggs In Pokmon Go
Pokémon eggs in Pokémon Go come in four tiers, dubbed by The Silph Road researchers as common, uncommon, rare, and ultra-rare. As the names imply, you’re far less likely to get rare and ultra-rare eggs than you are common or uncommon. That means, playing the odds, rare and ultra-rare are the ones you want to walk.
Some Pokémon can’t be hatched from eggs at all. They’ve either never been able to be hatched or they were once able to be hatched but can’t be any more. Either way, without eggs as a candy source, the “unhatchables” become much better candidates to walk.
You May Like: Nickname Eevee
The Uncatchables: Which Pokmon Are Rare Or Impossible To Catch In The Wild In Pokmon Go
Definitions vary. There are some Pokémon that are exclusive to specific regions, like Kangaskhan to Australia. I’m going to discount those immediately since none of them are top-tier Gym defenders or attackers and none have evolutions. So, I’m going to stick with Pokémon that don’t nest and don’t spawn frequently.
A nest is a specific place where a specific Pokémon spawns several times a day for a two-week period before migrating to new, random location. If a Pokémon nests, people will report that nest, and you’ll be able to go to it and catch ’em, earning more Candy than you would walking ’em for the same time.
Without nests or frequent spawns, “the uncatchables” become much better candidates to walk:
- Grimer – 3 KM
- Militank – 5 KM
- Larvitar – 5 KM
There are some Pokémon that don’t spawn in the wild at all, and so can’t be caught. They’re the baby Pokémon, though, and most of their base forms do nest and can be caught in the wild. So, there’s no real advantage to walking them. With one exception:
- Togepi – 5 KM
Since Togetic doesn’t nest and is an extremely rare spawn.
Note: While Magikarp and Dratini technically don’t “nest”, they can be found at water biomes along rivers, lakes, streams, piers, etc. Think of them as nests that don’t migrate but spawn a variety of water-type Pokémon, sometimes hourly, and Dratini several times a week.
How To Earn Pokmon Hearts And Raise Friendship Level
There are several things you can do to earn hearts. After feeding your buddy berries, itll gain a heart and begin to walk with you. Once its walking with you, there are several things you can do to earn more hearts.
Heres a complete list of the things you can do every day to earn hearts:
- Walk two kilometers together – Walk your buddy. Theyll need to be following you for this distance to count. If theyre not following you, youll still earn candies for your buddy based on distance.
- Give your buddy a treat – Feed your buddy. Youll need to wait until their hunger meter is low before feeding a second time.
- Play together – While looking at your buddy in AR mode, simply rub the top of its head. This counts as playing together.
- Battle together – Take your buddy into a trainer battle or fight against a gym. Your buddy doesnt need to fight themselves, they just need to be in the team you select.
- Take a snapshot – This can be done in AR mode by tapping the camera icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Visit a new place – Spin a PokéStop you havent been to before with your buddy.
If you dont want to battle with your Pokémon, you can start a battle against a Team Leader, like Spark or Candela, with your buddy in your team. You can quit the battle immediately and itll still give your buddy the heart.
You May Like: Eeveelutions Shiny
How Much Candy Do You Get For Walking A Buddy Pokmon
Buddy candy is based on distance. Some Pokémon require you to walk 1 KM, others 3 KM or 5 KM to earn a candy. The distances are roughly but not exactly related to the distance of the Pokémon Eggs they hatch from ;2 KM hatches tend to get a candy every 1 KM, 5 KM hatches every 3 KM, and 10 KM hatches every 10 KM, though there are some exceptions.
Here’s how walking a Buddy Pokémon compares to other methods for getting Candy in Pokémon Go:
- 1 Candy per Buddy distance walked.
- 1 Candy per Pokémon transferred to the Professor.
- 3 Candies per base-level Pokémon caught in the wild.
- 6 Candies per base-level Pokémon caught in the wild while using a Pinap Berry.
- 5 Candies per second-level Pokémon caught in the wild.
- 10 Candies per second-level Pokémon caught in the wild while using a Pinap Berry.
- 10 Candies per third-level Pokémon caught in the wild.
- 20 Candies per third-level Pokémon caught in the wild while using a Pinap Berry.
- 5 to 15 Candies per 2 KM Egg hatched.
- 10 to 21 Candies per 5 KM Egg hatched.
- 16 to 32 Candies per 10 KM Egg hatched.
Again, walking a Buddy Pokémon isn’t a fast way to get a lot of Candy but it’s a consistent way to get a steady stream of Candy.
Cheat Sheet Which Pokmon Are The Best To Buddy Up
Buddy with these Pokémon whenever possible to evolve and power up more top-tier Gym defenders and attackers:
Buddy with these Pokémon only until you have enough candy to evolve them and complete your Pokédex:
Why these Pokémon? Keep reading!
Recommended Reading: Can You Catch Mew In Pokemon Sword
What Do I Need Candy For Again
Weve explained this before, and longtime Pokémon Go players will already know this, but: Candy is necessary for evolving or powering up your monsters. The only way to amass candies is by catching repeat Pokémon or by walking around with one as your special buddy.
That makes buddy Pokémon especially useful for strengthening rarer finds. If youve been dying to evolve your starter Pokémon be it Charmander or Pikachu but have never found one in the wild, choosing it as your buddy will net you the candy needed to eventually get that Charmeleon or Raichu.
Other Things To Know About Pokmon Go’s Buddy System
- While most Pokémon will be alongside you on the Trainer screen, walking a total of 10km with Pikachu as your Buddy will see him sit on your shoulder, showing a sign of your close friendship. Togepi, meanwhile, will be held in your arms. Cute!
- Contrary to some rumours, you don’t receive any XP for walking your Buddy Pokémon, just Candy.
- It’s believed there is no daily limit to the amount of Candy you can earn through the Buddy system in one day.
- Like hatching Eggs, using Pokémon Go Plus will contribute to the distance walked for your Buddy.
- Any Pokémon currently assigned as your Buddy can’t be withdrawn from your inventory to defend a friendly Gym. To get around this, be sure to use a lower tier of that Pokémon evolution family or just another of that same creature. You can, however, use it to fight in Gyms.
- All creatures in the same evolution chain require the same amount of walking distance for Candy to drop – allowing you to put their later evolutions to work in Gyms.
- Pokémon that have fainted can be used as your Buddy.
- Evolving your Pokémon will reset your Candy counter, so time those evolutions wisely.
- Buddy distances are used to calculate the cost of unlocking a second move for a Pokémon. The further the distance, the higher the cost.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Read our policy.
Read Also: Silver Vs Gold Pokemon
Buddy Levels And Perks
Earning Affection hearts allows Trainer to progress toward improving their Buddy Level. Similarly to Friendship Levels, each Buddy Level unlocks special perks.
Unlike Buddys Mood, Buddy Levels do not decrease over time, much like Friendship Levels.
Following perks are available for Good Buddy level.
Buddy will appear on the Map when it is fed enough and their hunger meter is full. While on the Map, buddy will earn Candy at a reduced walking distance.
An excited Wailord
Interacting with Buddy improves their Mood. It decreases over time. Swapping buddies reset it back to Normal. Excited is the most positive mood, which doubles the Affection Hearts that could be earned and the candy walking distance is halved when excited.
Once Buddy achieves Good Buddy level, the Mood indicator appears on the Buddy Profile screen. If Buddy is on the map, Trainer can also tap their buddy to see its Mood.
Following perks are available for Great Buddy level.
Buddy present icon seen in Journal
When Buddy Pokémon reaches Great Buddy level it can occasionally bring Trainer a present which are items inside of floral sack.
Wailord Buddy with present
To open such present, Trainer has to open Buddy profile page and they will see a sack in front of their Buddy. Once they tap on it, the items will be received. These presents can contain items, such as Poké Balls, Potions, Berries, Revives, and stickers from Gifts.
Pokemon Go’s Buddy System: Everything You Need To Know
Choose your favorite Pokemon, walk your buddy and get candy, right? Not so fast! Here’s what you need to know about the Buddy Pokemon system.
An avatar with its Buddy Pokemon.
The Buddy Pokemon system for Pokemon Go lets you select a Pokemon to appear alongside your trainer’s avatar on your profile screen. As you walk with your buddy, it will find candy that can be used to power up or evolve the Pokemon.
Does the Buddy Pokemon actually walk beside your avatar on the map? No. It appears by your avatar’s face icon at the bottom of the screen and on your avatar information screen.
Don’t Miss: How To Enter Pokemon Go Promo Codes
How Far Do I Have To Walk To Collect Candy
In a sense, Pokémon Go is as much of a fitness motivational tool as it is a game, and the buddy Pokémon feature goes a long way in promoting that. Stats site Poké Assistant has data on how many kilometers a player must walk to earn a single candy for their buddy. These vary from one at the least to three at the most for rarer, stronger Pokémon often ones who dont need to evolve anyway.
Developer Niantic is also known for its community teases, including a few Easter eggs referencing the wider Pokémon franchise. One such secret players have already discovered is that, if a trainer walks for 10 kilometers with Pikachu as their buddy, the character will move on up to their shoulder instead of standing on the ground next to their avatar. This is a cosmetic change only visible on the trainer profile page, but its nifty nonetheless.