Pokemon Go Kanto Event Red Or Green: Which Version Should You Pick
Not sure whether to pick the Pokemon Go Kanto Event Red or Green ticket version? It’s a difficult decision to make if you’re playing in the Pokemon Go event this weekend, as while both versions of the ticket offer the same general experience, the shiny Pokemon you can encounter and the Pokemon attracted to incense with each version is different. You can pick your version for the Pokemon Go Tour Kanto event by heading to your purchased ticket in the inventory, but which do you pick? Read on for all the differences between the two to help you decide whether you should choose the Pokemon Go Kanto Event Red or Green ticket, and make sure you check out our guide to the Pokemon Go Kanto Masterwork Research for details on the challenges available to earn a shiny Mew.
Kanto Tours Shiny Ditto Special Research
Trainers who decide to purchase a ticket to the Kanto Tour Event will have the chance to work alongside Professor Willow once again. By completing the Kanto Tour Special Research, youll learn more about the Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region, practice your Trainer skills, and come across some clues related to a mysterious Pokémon. At the end of the Special Research, youll encounter a Shiny Ditto!
Shiny Dittos mechanics are still unknown, but we look forward to seeing into which Pokémon form it transforms in Gym and Raid Battles!
Kanto Themed Raid Day And Team Go Rocket Takeover
Last, but certainly not least, the Kanto Celebration, as well as the Season of Celebration will finish off with a Kanto Themed Raid Day and a Team GO Rocket Takeover. On Sunday, February 28, from 11 AM til 2 PM local time, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres will be appearing in even more Raids and have increased Shiny Rates. To help Trainers tackle these Raids, there will be a free bundle of three Remote Raid passes in the PokéShop and Trainers will be able to obtain up to five free Raid Passes from spinning PokéStops during the event window.
Additionally, Team GO Rocket will be back with new Special Research, more Team GO Rocket grunts, and a brand new Legendary Shadow Pokémon to rescue from Giovanni! During the Team GO Rocket Invasion, Trainers will be able to use Charged TMs on Shadow Pokémon to replace the move, Frustration, so make sure you’ve stocked up on Charged TMs and have your best Shadow Pokémon ready to learn new moves!
Read Also: Pokemon Let’s Go Eevee Meowth
Pokmon Go Tour: Kanto Collection Challenges And Rewards Explained
There are a total of 10 Collection Challenges for you to complete during the Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto. It’s important to note that these challenges will only be available to players who purchase a Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto ticket.
All 10 Collection Challenges will be available from Saturday, 20th February at 9am to Sunday, 28th February 7:59pm , giving you ample time to complete them.
Here are all the Collection Challenges you can complete throughout Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto:
The first two challenges – Incense and Trade – are dependent on which version of Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto you’re playing.
For the Incense Collection Challenge, you’ll need to catch the Pokémon which are exclusively attracted to Incense in your version of the event. Red version players, for example, will have to catch Growlithe, Oddish and Mankey, among others.
The Trade Collection Challenge, however, will involve trading Pokémon with a player using the opposite version to yours – Red to Green and vice versa – to collect the Pokémon which are not available in your version of Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto.
Thankfully, the trade range will be increased to 40km during the event, so, as long as you have a friend playing the opposite version to yourself, you’ll be able to complete this Collection Challenge safely.
Pokemon Appearing In The Wild And Attracted To Incense During The Location
- Pallet Town 9 AM to 10 AM: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Caterpie, Weedle, Pidgey, Rattata, Spearow, Pikachu, and Zubat
- Pewter City 10 AM to 11 AM: Nidoran, Nidoran, Clefairy, Paras, Diglett, Geodude, Magnemite, Onix, Voltorb, and Rhyhorn
- Cerulean City 11 AM to 12 PM: Jigglypuff, Psyduck, Poliwag, Tentacool, Shellder, Krabby, Horsea, Goldeen, Staryu, and Magikarp
- Fuchsia City 12 PM to 1 PM: Venonat, Abra, Ponyta, Grimer, Gastly, Drowzee, Exeggcute, Koffing, Omanyte, and Kabuto
- Pokemon League 6 PM to 7 PM: Machop, Slowpoke, Doduo, Seel, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Jynx, Eevee, Porygon, and Dratini
Recommended Reading: When To Evolve Eevee Fire Red
Pokemon Go Kanto Tour Event Schedule
- 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.: Pallet Town
- 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.: Pewter City
- 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.: Cerulean City
- 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.: Fuchsia City
- 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.: Pokemon League
- 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.: Pallet Town
- 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.: Pewter City
- 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.: Cerulean City
- 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.: Fuchsia City
- 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.: Pokemon League
- 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.: Pokemon from all previous hours will be appearing in the wild
For last, those who dont own a ticket can also participate in the event, and here are the features one can enjoy:
- Some Pokemon originally discovered in the Kanto region will be appearing in the wild and in raids.
- Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and Mewtwo will be returning to Legendary Raids! Check details in the official blog for the featured Special Moves.
- All Trainers will be able to access event-exclusive Timed Research.
- The trading range will be increased to 40 km.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there! The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!
Pokmon Go Tour: Kanto Schedule Explained: What Time Does Tour Kanto Start
The main Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto event occurs on Saturday, 20th February, starting at 9am and ending at 9pm .
The event itself is then broken down into hourly blocks, with each focusing upon a specific part of the Kanto region and having the spawn rate for Pokémon associated with this location boosted.
This schedule will help you complete the Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto Collection Challenges and research quests, because, rather than forcing you to focus on the game all day, you can target specific hours to ensure you catch the Pokémon you need.
The schedule for Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto is:
- 5pm to 6pm – Fuchsia City
- 6pm to 7pm – Pokémon League
- 7pm to 9pm – Pokémon from all previous hours
It’s important to note that all of the Collection Challenges released as Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto will be available till Sunday, 28th February at 7:59pm and, with the Kanto Celebration event running throughout the week, you still have the opportunity to complete them all.
Read Also: Pokemon Platinum Riolu Egg
What Didn’t Work In This Pokmon Go Event
- Glitches: The only real downside of Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto was the glitches. On the one hand, the server issues seen during GO Fest 2020 were far less here. There was some freezing and some difficulty sending gifts a couple of hours into the event, but compared to the game being inaccessible for two full hours I’ll take it. The major issue I had was the raid pass glitch, which was plaguing everyone in the multiple raid chats in which I was involved. We previously reported on the raid pass glitch, which invites trainers to enter into a remote raid with their Daily Free Raid Pass. This is, of course, impossible and makes it so that the player cannot enter the raid until they restart. I missed out on many raids due to this, and it certainly seems like something that should have been fixed before the event. I will say, though, with so many things going right in this event, it’s easier to get past this specific glitch.
Pokmon Go Tour: Kanto Event Tickets
Ever since 1996, Which version are you getting? has been an important question for Pokémon fans. Similar to the original game series, Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto will feature different versions of the ticketed experience, each with version-exclusive Pokémon.
To collect the first 150 Pokémon originally discovered in Kanto, youll need to trade with friends who have the other event version. To help with this, trade range will be increased to 40 km during the week of the event!
Version-exclusive Pokémon will be attracted to Incense during event hours. Additionally, youll have a greater chance of encountering certain Shiny Pokémon depending on which version you choose, as outlined below.
Once you choose your event version, you cant change it, so pick carefully! Note that youll pick your version closer to the event date, so dont worry about choosing right now.
You May Like: All Sword And Shield Legendaries
Pokmon Go Kanto Event : Red Vs Green Differences Explained
The red vs green differences for the Pokémon Go Kanto Tour event 2021 are exclusive creatures.
You need to know the differences when choosing either red or green for the Pokémon Go Kanto Tour event 2021 as you can only choose between the two colours once.
Below youll find the exclusive creatures and Shiny increased spawn rates for each version:
Red exclusive creatures:
Pokmon Go Kanto Tour Event : Red Or Green Differences Explained
The much-anticipated Kanto Tour for Pokémon Go is finally happening this weekend. There will still be plenty to look to forward to afterward such as a Shiny Fletchling community day in March, but the Kanto Tour event 2021 is on the horizon and this has resulted in people asking whether they should choose red or green. Here youll discover the red vs green differences so you know which Pokémon Go creatures are exclusive to which colour.
While the event is scheduled to happen this weekend, know that its arrival will also see Moltres, Zapdos, Metwo, and Articuno enter Raids. This means you only have less than a day left to battle Latias and Latios as they will soon be replaced.
Theres plenty of Pokémon Go players counting down the minutes until the Kanto Tour 2021 event starts, and here youll find whether you should choose red or green.
- POKÉMON GO:How to buy Kanto Tour 2021 ticket
Are you ready to embark on your own Pokémon adventure? Were excited to announce that its almost time to select your #PokemonGOTour: Kanto event version! So whatll it be, Trainers? Red or Green? Learn more:
Also Check: Pokemon Shining Legends Booster Pack
Red And Green Versions
Which version are you getting? One of pokémons oldest traditions is arriving in Pokémon Go!
Players will play either the Green or Red version of the Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto e vent, based on the original Red and Green versions of pokemon .
Bulbasaur was my favourite back then, and they still are!
Youll be able to choose your event version nearer to the date and will have these perks based on your choice.
- Exclusive Pokémon: Ekans, Oddish, Mankey, Growlithe, Scyther, and Electabuzz will be attracted to Incense.
- Youll have an increased chance of encountering these Shiny Pokémon: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pidgey, Ekans, Pikachu, Nidoran , Oddish, Diglett, Mankey, Growlithe, Ponyta, Shellder, Drowzee, Krabby, Hitmonlee, Lickitung, Scyther, Electabuzz, Eevee, Kabuto, and Dratini.
- Exclusive Pokémon: Sandshrew, Vulpix, Meowth, Bellsprout, Magmar, and Pinsir will be attracted to Incense.
- Youll have an increased chance of encountering these Shiny Pokémon: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pidgey, Pikachu, Sandshrew, Nidoran , Vulpix, Meowth, Psyduck, Bellsprout, Geodude, Exeggcute, Hitmonchan, Koffing, Tangela, Horsea, Magmar, Pinsir, Eevee, Omanyte, and Dratini.
Thankfully it seems only incense and shiny chances are affected, but well update you if we learn more!
In The Games Department
The Kanto Celebration Event is starting to roll out globally. This event contains boosts of various Kanto Pokémon to help players complete their GO Tour Collection Challenges and celebrate Pokémon’s 25th anniversary on Saturday. This event runs from 10:00 local time to February 27th at 20:00 local time. It also includes a new Timed Research. In addition to this, the Raid Battles have new bosses.
Don’t Miss: Pokemon Qr Code Imgur
Raichu Event Costumes In Pokmon Go
Just like Pikachu, there is a range of costume Raichu for you to collect in Pokémon Go.
You can’t find these Raichu out in the wild though. Instead, you’ll need to evolve one of your costumed Pikachu. This means it’s always a good idea to catch at least of each costumed Pikachu if you plan on becoming a costume collector.
It costs 50 Pikachu candies to evolve a Pikachu into a Raichu.
Only Straw Hat, Party Hat and Mimikyu Pikachu are unable to evolve into Raichu.
Below you’ll find all the information you need about the various costumed Raichu’s in Pokémon Go:
|Evolve a Santa Hat Pikachu using 50 Pikachu candy|
|Party Hat||Evolve a Party Hat Pikachu using 50 Pikachu candy|
|Ash Hat||Evolve an Ash Hat Pikachu using 50 Pikachu candy|
|Witch Hat||Evolve a Witch Hat Pikachu using 50 Pikachu candy|
|Summer Hat||Evolve a Summer Hat Pikachu using 50 Pikachu candy|
|Fragment Hat||Evolve a Fragment Hat Pikachu using 50 Pikachu candy|
|Flower Crown||Evolve a Flower Crown Pikachu using 50 Pikachu candy|
|Detective Hat||Evolve a Detective Hat Pikachu using 50 Pikachu candy|
|Winter Beanie||Evolve a Winter Hat Beanie using 50 Pikachu candy|
|World Cap Raichu||Evolve a World Cap Pikachu using 50 Pikachu candy|
|Original Cap Raichu||Evolve a Original Cap Pikachu using 50 Pikachu candy|
|New Year’s Hat Raichu||Evolve a New Year’s Hat Pikachu using 50 Pikachu candy|
Pokemon Go Kanto Tour Bonus Makeup Event
Here’s everything you need to know about the Kanto Tour Bonus Event.
By Sam Woods
Last month, Niantic held one of their biggest Pokemon GO events yet. Pokemon GO Tour: Kanto allowed players to pick Red or Green tickets and then capture Pokemon based on their selection. Every Pokemon was from the Kanto region and for the first time ever, many were released in their shiny forms. However, in typical Pokemon GO fashion, everything with the event didnt run smoothly, forcing Niantic to hold a makeup event. Here are all the details from the Pokemon GO Kanto Tour bonus event.
Trainers, due to a technical issue that occurred during #PokemonGOTour, paid ticket holders will be able to participate in a bonus event. Details here:
Also Check: When Does Riolu Evolve Platinum
Pokmon Go Tour: Kanto Bonus Event Quest Tasks And Rewards In Pokmon Go Explained
Below youll find all three quest steps, including each individual challenge and reward for Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto Bonus Event in Pokémon Go.
Dont forget you have until Monday, 5th April at 10am to complete this research quest and, if you dont, you wont be able to collect the rewards.
Thank you to Amiibofan101 from reddit for help with this information!
Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto Bonus Event Step 1 of 3
Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto Bonus Event Step 2 of 3
- Power up Pokémon 3 times 1 Poffin
- Earn 3 hearts with your buddy 1 Super Incubator
- Evolve a Pokémon 1 Lucky Egg
Rewards: 15 Ultra Balls, a Charged TM and a Fast TM
Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto Bonus Event Step 3 of 3
- Catch 10 different species of a Pokémon 1000 XP
- Make 10 Great Throws 3 Silver Pinap Berries
- Complete 10 Field Research tasks 1 Star Piece
Rewards: 100 Mew Candy, an Elite Charged TM and an Elite Fast TM
How To Purchase A Ticket For Pokmon Go Tour: Kanto Explained
If you want to partake in the Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto, then you need to purchase a ticket, which costs £11.99 / $11.99.
To purchase a ticket, you need to visit the in-game Pokémon Go store, which is accessed via the game’s main menu. Once there, you’ll need to scroll down till you find the Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto banner.
Selecting the banner will bring up more information about the event and, on this screen, you can press ‘Buy’ to follow the purchase instructions specific to the app store for your phone.
After you’ve purchased the ticket, it will appear in your Item Bag and, from there, you can choose which version – Red or Green – you wish to play.
Good luck during Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto!
Will you support Eurogamer?
We want to make Eurogamer better, and that means better for our readers – not for algorithms. You can help! Become a supporter of Eurogamer and you can view the site completely ad-free, as well as gaining exclusive access to articles, podcasts and conversations that will bring you closer to the team, the stories, and the games we all love. Subscriptions start at £3.99 / $4.99 per month.
Also Check: Let’s Go Eevee Meowth
Event Exclusive Field Research
There are several event exclusive Field Research tasks available for spinning PokéStops as well:
- Go Tour: Catch Bellsprout for 20 Oddish Candy.
- Go Tour: Catch Meowth for 20 Mankey Candy.
- Go Tour: Catch Sandshrew for 20 Ekans Candy.
- Go Tour: Catch Vulpix for 20 Growlithe Candy.
- Go Tour: Catch Ekans for 20 Sandshrew Candy.
- Go Tour: Catch Growlithe for 20 Vulpix Candy.
- Go Tour: Catch Mankey for 20 Meowth Candy.
- Go Tour: Catch Oddish for 20 Bellsprout Candy.
- Go Tour: Hatch three Eggs for a Snorlax encounter.
- Go Tour: Defeat a Go Tour Challenger for 500 Stardust/1,000 XP.
- Go Tour: Catch ten Pokémon for a Tangela encounter.