The Season Of Mischief
As the Season of Discovery comes to an end, Niantic has now revealed The Season of Mischief! This season is set to run from September 1 to December 1 at 10:00 local time. Heres what youll find during the event:
- From September 5 at 11:00 local time, you can complete special research tasks for an opportunity to catch Hoopa
- The following types of Pokémon will appear in the wild and be attracted to incense at the listed local times:
- 11:00 12:00: psychic
- 12:00 13:00: dark and ghost
- 13:00 14:00: psychic
Pokemon Go Announces Season Of Discovery
Pokemon Go has announced its next themed Season, which will focus on the “spirit of discovery” in the game. The Season of Discovery will kick off on June 1st and will run until the end of August. Like previous in-game seasons, the Season of Discovery isn’t as much of an event as it is a backdrop that provides a general theme for events. This Season will come with several notable changes, including only one Mega Evolved Pokemon appearing in Mega Raids at any one time. Players will also get twice as much XP for completing Research Breakthroughs throughout the month.
Pokemon Go will also be switching which Pokemon appear in the game as part of the season changeover. Pokemon confirmed for the Season of Discovery includes Alolan Rattata, Magnemite, Porygon, Bellsprout, Doduo, Skorupi, Rhyhorn, Nosepass, Dwebble, Magikarp, Marill, and Wailmer. Both hemispheres will also see different Pokemon appear more frequently. Northern Hemisphere players will see Alolan Diglett, Staryu, Barboach, Petilil, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, and Summer Form Deerling, with Sableye, Scyther, and Combee appearing as rare spawns.
Meanwhile, Southern Hemisphere players will see Pokemon like Alolan Sandshrew, Alolan Vulpix, Shellder, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, and Winter Form Deerling, with Lickitung, Chimecho, and Cubchoo appearing as rare spawns.
Egg pools will also get a re-shuffle, with the following Pokemon included:
Pokmon Go Season Of Discovery End Date: When Will The Season Of Discovery End And How Long Will It Be
The Season of Discovery is running from Tuesday, 1st June at 10am to Wednesday, 1st September at 10am .
Season 8 of the Go Battle League shares these dates, with various leagues and special cups running throughout this time period.
Though the Season of Discovery has a specific start and end date, any features released within it will be staggered throughout the season. This includes new in-game events, new Pokémon and the special cups for the Go Battle League.
Don’t Miss: Pokemon Sun And Moon Eevee
The Season Of Discovery Begins With A Very Slow Event
Sometimes the best adventure is a slow one. In the upcoming A Very Slow Discovery event, youll be able to take inspiration from the very same Pokémon that inspired us: Slowpoke. A Very Slow Discovery will feature Slowpoke, Galarian Slowpoke, Mega Slowbro, and Galarian Slowbro! Some of the other Pokémon appearing during this event are quite slow and active as well.
Date + Time
Tuesday, June 8, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Sunday, June 13, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time
A nice, meandering walk where you really take in your surroundings can be a nice contrast to the hustle and bustle of daily life. Be sure to share your slow but active adventures with us with #PokemonGO. Lets GO!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
The Pokémon GO team
Season Of Discovery Executive Summary
- The next season in Pokémon GO is called the Season of Discovery, and it will be all about the spirit of discovery in Pokémon GO
- Runs from June 1, 2021 to September 1, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. local time
- New Pokémon will be available from Wild encounters, Eggs and Raids, and new Field Research tasks will be available from PokéStops
- Different biomes in GO will feature more appropriately themed Pokémon
- Summer and Winter Form Deerling in Northern and Southern Hemisphere
- Mega Raids will feature only one Mega-Evolved Pokémon at a time during this season
- Throughout the entire Season, youll earn twice the XP from Research Breakthroughs
Also Check: Ultra Sun Wormhole Legendaries
Season Of Discovery: Wild And Hemisphere
As with the seasons of the year in the real world, the Pokémon that will appear in Season of Discovery will have a regional rotation, with many of these appearing for the first time in various cities and regions around the globe.
Additionally, Niantic will continue to expand the list of exclusive Pokémon depending on which hemisphere you are in, with the following Pokémon announced so far:
Pokmon Go: Seasons Guide November 2021
Pokémon Go Seasons are fairly massive, spread out across three whole months. Keeping track of everything that will be happening in a Pokémon Go Season is a real challenge, but we here at iMore have all the details available for what to expect each Season. From new Eggs to Raid battles, Seasonal events and more, you can find it all here, and be sure to check out our best Pokémon Go accessories, so you’re fully equipped on your Pokémon Journey!
Read Also: How To Get Eevee In Fire Red
Niantic Announce Season Of Discovery More New Content For Pokmon Go
Pokémon Go is about to transition into its next season of events with the launch of the Season of Discovery on June 1.
This the follow-up to the Season of Legends, which introduced powerful Legendary Pokémon like Xerneas and Yveltal, along with the Therian Formes of Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus.
The Season of Discovery will be all about the spirit of discovery and will include both the fifth-anniversary of Pokémon Go and Go Fest 2021 while it runs from June 1 to Sept. 1. And to kick it off, Regirock, Regice, and Registeel will be returning to five-star raids until June 17.
On June 17, a surprise Pokémon will be added to the five-star raids, with more surprises set to be dropping throughout the season, including during Go Fest in July.
One of the biggest changes rolling out on June 1 is the change to Mega Raids. Starting with the new season, only one Pokémon will be featured in Mega Raids at a time, letting players know exactly which Mega Pokémon they will be dealing with.
Niantic is also changing how Pokémon spawn in specific areas, such as Alolan Rattata, Magnemite, and Porygon appearing more frequently in cities, while Rhyhorn, Nosepass, and Dwebble will pop in mountainous areas.
You will also see the following changes to the base Egg Hatch pool at the start of the event.
Things are also shifting with hemisphere-exclusive Pokémon based on the seasons in those areas.
Pokemon Go Season Of Discovery To Begin On June 1 2021 Here Is What We Expect To See
Update: Trainers, Niantic, and Pokemon Go announced the next Season, Season of Discovery.
Here is an overview of the new Season of Discovery, thanks to the Pokemon Go blog:
During the Season of Legends, the Therian Formes of Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus arrived in Pokémon GO, setting the stage for the Pokémon GO debuts of Xerneas and Yveltal! Trainers became legendary, and legends were told and made. Now, were excited to announce the next Seasonthe Season of Discoverywhich will feature our fifth-anniversary celebrations and Pokémon GO Fest 2021!
From encountering Pokémon that have never appeared in Pokémon GO before, to discovering new things about the ones weve grown to know and love, this Season will be all about the spirit of discovery in Pokémon GO. The Season of Discovery will run from Tuesday, June 1, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time to Wednesday, September 1, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time!
Read on for an overview of what you can expect during this Season, and look out for a detailed blog once the Season starts.
Some Pokémon will make their Pokémon GO debut in Legendary Raids and Mega Raids!
Unexpected guests will be making an appearance in five-star raids, including exciting encounters during Pokémon GO Fest 2021! Look out for more raid updates in our monthly event blogs.
Different Pokémon will be appearing in the wild!
These and many more Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild, so stay tuned for more details, Trainers!
Recommended Reading: Topps Tv Animation Edition Pokemon
How ‘a Mega Discovery’ Works In Pokmon Go
Research Quests, which allow you to complete objectives for rewards, were introduced into Pokémon Go in March 2018.
There are three types of Research Quests – Field Research, Timed Research and Special Research. Unlike Field Research tasks, which offer a selection of tasks that can be completed whenever the player chooses, Special Research tasks are the same for every player and have a set, story driver, order.
A Mega Discovery is a Special Research questline designed to teach players how to use Mega Evolution, which was introduced into Pokémon Go in August 2020.
The quest itself consists of four steps, which each contain three individual challenges. You’ll be rewarded for every individual challenge and overall step you complete. By the end of the Special Research, you’ll be able to Mega Evolve Beedrill with ease.
There’s no restriction to when you can complete A Mega Discovery, so feel free to begin your exploration into Mega Evolution whenever you please.
The Season of Mischief is here!Current events, include Season 9 of the Go Battle League, the addition of Raid Achievements and the Misunderstood Mischief research quest. Shiny Ditto can also now be found in the wild and this tricky Pokémon is now appearing as new creatures!Meanwhile, the last major update saw a level cap increase – including the addition of XL Candy, boosts to some XP sources and the addition of Platinum Medals.
The Season Of Discovery Is Coming Soon To Pokmon Go
On May 30, 2021, the developers of Pokémon Go released a statement that the next season of the game is going to start on June 1, 2021 and run until September 1, 2021. They have revealed that this next season will feature several Pokémon debuts and drastic changes to which Pokémon will appear in raids, eggs, and in the wild. Let’s look at the other major changes that are happening over the next few months.
- The season will start off with Regirock, Registeel, and Regice. These three extremely powerful Pokémon will appear in five-star raids for the first part of the season until June 17. Not much else is known about five-star raids for the remainder of the season, but they have stated that after these three Pokémon leave, a surprise Pokémon will take them over.
- Different Pokémon will start appearing in different environments. While this isn’t exactly news, what’s different is the fact that they’ll be cycling out the Pokémon that show up frequently in the wild. We don’t expect this to be the full list, but you can see a general idea of what Pokémon will appear and where in the following list.
- Cities: Alolan Rattata, Magnemite, Porygon
- Forests: Bellsprout, Doduo, Skorupi
Don’t Miss: Pokemon Gen 1 Gym Leaders
Egg Hatches During The Season Of Discovery
Some different Pokémon will be hatching from Eggs! Heres a look at which Pokémon you might find.
- Meditite, Buizel, Spritzee, Swirlix, and more will be hatching from 2 km Eggs.
- Togepi, Gligar, Skarmory, Bonsly, and more will be hatching from 5 km Eggs.
- Timburr, Rufflet, Goomy, Noibat, and more will be hatching from 10 km Eggs.
- Cranidos, Shieldon, Skrelp, Clauncher, and more will be hatching from 5 km Eggs earned from Adventure Sync rewards.
- Bagon, Beldum, Gible, Riolu, and more will be hatching from 10 km Eggs earned from Adventure Sync rewards.
Note: During the Season, you can check each type of Egg to see a list of which Pokémon can hatch from it.
‘a Mega Discovery’ Quest Steps In Pokmon Go
Below you’ll find all the steps and confirmed rewards for A Mega Discovery. Be warned – this section does contain spoilers for both the tasks and rewards for this Special Research, so, if you don’t want to know, we suggest skipping this section.
Thank you to mrmousepad from reddit for the help with this information.
‘A Mega Discovery’ Step 1 of 4
- Send 3 Gifts to Friends – x10 PokéBalls
- Earn a Candy walking with your Buddy – x10 Super Potions
- Catch 15 Pokémon – x25 Beedrill Mega Energy
Rewards: 5,000 XP, x3 Rare Candy and Weedle encounter
‘A Mega Discovery’ Step 2 of 4
- Power up Pokémon 5 times – x20 Weedle Candy
- Evolve 1 Weedle – x2,000 Stardust
- Defeat 3 Team Go Rocket Grunts – x1 Premium Raid Pass
Rewards: 5,000 XP, x1 Charge TM and x100 Beedrill Mega Energy
‘A Mega Discovery’ Step 3 of 4
- Win a raid – x6 Revives
- Battle in a Mega Raid – x2 Silver Pinap Berry
- Catch 10 Pokémon – x6 Hyper Potions
Rewards: 5,000 XP, x3 Rare Candy and x25 Beedrill Mega Energy
‘A Mega Discovery’ Step 4 of 4
- Claim reward – 1,500 Stardust
You May Like: How To Play Pokemon Randomizer
Pokmon Go Season Of Discovery Wild Pokmon
First, lets talk about wild encounters. According to Niantics announcement, the following Pokémon will be appearing more frequently in particular parts of the wild:
This isnt an exhaustive list Niantic has said that more Pokémon will be showing up in these spots as the season goes on.
Additionally, certain Pokémon will spawn exclusively in either the northern or southern hemisphere. These Pokémon are:
Again, this isnt exhaustive. Keep an eye out on Niantics social channels for changes.
Pokemon Go Is Not Slowing Down After Pokemon Go Fest 2021 August’s Events Are Already Blocked Out And Scheduled There’s One Bonus Raid Hour Incoming As Well As A Special Community Day
With Pokemon GO Fest 2021 done and dusted, we can now move on and look forward to a fully loaded August.
Start: Sunday, August 1 at 21:00 BST
- Chimecho will be available in Research Breakthrough encounters.
- Rewards: Double XP for Research Breakthroughs will continue throughout August as part of the Season of Discovery.
Each Monday in August will bring a one-time bundle containing a Remote Raid Pass and other items. Find it at the in-game shop.
Featured Pokemon in raids
- Dialga – until Friday, August 6, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time.
- Palkia – from Friday, August 6, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Friday, August 20, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time.
More information coming soon.
Mega-Evolved Pokemon in Mega Raids:
- Mega Charizard X – until Friday, August 6, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time.
- Mega Ampharos – from Friday, August 6, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Friday, August 20, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time.
- Mega Beedrill – from Friday, August 20, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Thursday, August 26, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time.
- Mega Pidgeot – Thursday, August 26, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Wednesday, September 1, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time.
Recommended Reading: Catch Mew Fire Red
Additional Changes And Bonuses
- This Season, youll receive different Field Research from PokéStops than before, including new tasks and new rewards!
- Therell also be monthly changes to select Field Research tasks.
- To kick off the Season of Discovery, youll receive a free Remote Raid Pass from Research Breakthrough rewards throughout June.
- Throughout the entire Season, youll also earn twice the XP from Research Breakthroughs as well!
What Pokemons Are Going To Make A Comeback In The Game
Some unexpected Pokemons will make a comeback in the series and are going to be a part of the Season of Discoveries right here. The new Pokemon hunting phase of 2021 will be a real blockbuster one that can take players off a foot in the match.
Players have to wait and check out all the updates from the development team and wait for all the raid updates in the teams monthly event blogs, which are present on the official site.
This season is filled with all the mega raids that will feature all the Mega evolved Pokemon at a time. Players need to stay tuned for further details each month. Thinning out Megas, this new Season of Discoveries is going to be a solid idea.
Keeping one at a time allows all the trainers and focus better while also keeping the rotation interesting.
Image courtesy of LiftingandZombies/YouTube
Don’t Miss: Pokemon Sword All Pokemon
A List Of Each Upcoming Pokmon Go Event To Help You Take Advantage Of Them
A Pokémon Go event is a regular occurrence these days, with something new happening pretty much every week. If youre a big fan of the location-based monster collector, then theres very little reason to ever not be playing, whether its participating in a raid hour, Community Day, Go Fest, or the smaller events that take place in between.
Now, while this is positive, as youve always got something to do to keep you busy, theres a downside to it as well, as its really difficult to keep on top of everything thats happening to Pokémon Go in any given moment. But thats where we come in. We want to make your life much easier by providing a nice, chronological list of each upcoming Pokémon Go event you can participate in.
So please find that below. We also keep a list of the most recent Pokémon Go news, every single recent Pokémon Go update, so you can check the latest patch notes at a glance, and weve put together a complete Pokémon Go raids guide, which will help when it comes to participating in Raid Hours.