Luminous Legends Y Field Research Tasks & Rewards
There are also event-exclusive field research tasks to collect by spinning Pokestops during the Luminous Legends Y event. Below, youll find all the field research tasks and rewards:
- Catch 5 Shadow Pokemon Skorupi encounter
- Defeat 2 Team Go Rocket Grunts Murkrow, Houndour, or Liepard encounter
- Defeat 5 Team Go Rocket Grunts Meowth encounter
- Defeat a Team Go Rocket Leader Galarian Zigzagoon encounter
- Purify 5 Shadow Pokemon Spritzee or Swirlix encounter
- Win 2 Raids Scraggy encounter
Pokemon Go Luminous Legends Y Timed Research Tasks Guides
Everything you need to know!
Trainers, the Luminous Legends Y event has begun in Pokemon Go! This major event will allow players to battle Yveltal in Raids, catch lots of Dark-type Pokemon, and much more.
As part of the Luminous Legends Y event, players can complete a series of Timed Research tasks to earn encounters with Dark-type Pokemon, special Lure Modules, and more.
According to Leek Duck, heres what these Timed Research tasks ask you to do, and the rewards youll receive for completing them.
Luminous Legends Y Part 1
- Defeat 5 Team Go Rocket Grunts – 15 Poke Balls
- Catch 5 Shadow Pokemon – An encounter with Meowth
- Catch 5 Dark-Type Pokemon – An encounter with Alolan Rattata
Final Rewards: 1,000 experience points and an encounter with Stunky
Luminous Legends Y Part 2
- Purify 3 Shadow Pokemon – 5 Hyper Potions
- Purify 5 Shadow Pokemon – 3 Revives
- Purify 7 Shadow Pokemon – 1 Mysterious Component
Final Rewards: 2,000 experience points and an encounter with Alolan Rattata
Luminous Legends Y Part 3
- Defeat Team Go Rocket Leader Arlo – 2,000 experience points
- Defeat Team Go Rocket Leader Cliff – 2,000 experience points
- Defeat Team Go Rocket Leader Sierra – 2,000 experience points
Final Rewards: 2,000 experience points and an encounter with Murkrow
Luminous Legends Y Part 4
- Purify 8 Shadow Pokemon – 1 Mossy Lure Module
- Evolve 8 Pokemon – An encounter with Eevee
- Earn 8 Hearts With Your Buddy – 1 Glacial Lure Module
Luminous Legends Y Part 5
Luminous Legends Y Part 6
Luminous Legends Y Dates And Times In Pokmon Go
The Luminous Legends Y event in Pokémon Go, along with its timed quest, runs from Tuesday 18 May at 10am until Monday 31 May at 8pm .
An important fact to remember about the Luminous Legends Y event is that, while its running for those two weeks, its also split into two halves each with their own set of separate releases, unique raids, and other bonuses.
The first half, which runs from Tuesday 18 May at 10am to Monday 24 May at 8pm , focuses on dark-type Pokémon and Team Go Rocket.
The second half centers on Sylveons release, the evolution of the fairy-type, and goes by Tuesday 25 May at 10am to Monday 31 May at 8pm .
As mentioned, the Luminous Legends Y only have one timed quest in both halves of the events, which means you definitely have enough to complete each of the seven stages and each individual challenge. Just remember that this quest will vanish at the end of the event, so if you want all the rewards, be sure to complete it before the deadline.
We hope you enjoy the Luminous Legends Y event!
You May Like: Pokemon Tcg Highest Hp
Pokemon Go Luminous Legends Y Event Start Date And Time
The Luminous Legends Y event is split into two parts with the first part kicking off tomorrow, May 18 at 10 am local time.
Part one will conclude at 10 am local time one week later on Tuesday, May 25 and will continue until May 31, 8 pm local time.
Sylveon, the Intertwining Pokémon, is making its Pokémon GO debut during the upcoming Luminous Legends Y event! Youll be able to evolve your own Eevee into Sylveon by earning hearts when its your buddy.
Pokémon GO May 11, 2021
Niantic Announces Luminous Legends Y Event Details
At the start of the month, the Life Pokemon Xerneas gracefully stepped out of the shadows and took center stage . Now its time in the spotlight is drawing to a close, and it’s preparing to depart in much the same way that it came. Soon, the rise of the Detruction Pokemon Yveltal will begin and it will break the horizon and rise .
Well, at least we get a second fun event to ease the blow of these glorious failures!
Don’t Miss: Eevee Evolutions Pokemon Sun
Luminous Legends Y Research Tasks And Rewards
Below we break down all of the tasks you need to accomplish in order to complete the Luminous Legends Y Timed Research. This new quest, found on the Today menu in the research section of the game, will offer some solid rewards if you can finish it. But to do that you have to get through all of the tasks listed below. Plan ahead and you can complete it before the timer runs out.
Note: We are updating as info is available. Watch for the full list when it is complete.
Stage 1 of 7
- Defeat 5 Team GO Rocket Grunts 15 Poké Balls
- Catch 5 Shadow Pokémon Meowth encounter
- Catch 5 Dark-type Pokémon Alolan Rattata encounter
Rewards: 1,000 XP and a Stunky encounter
Stage 2 of 7
- Purify 3 Shadow Pokémon 5 Hyper Potions
- Purify 5 Shadow Pokémon 3 Revives
- Purify 7 Shadow Pokémon 1 Mysterious Component
Rewards: 750 XP and an Alolan Rattata encounter
Stage 3 of 7
- Defeat Team GO Rocket Leader Arlo 2,000 XP
- Defeat Team GO Rocket Leader Cliff 2,000 XP
- Defeat Team GO Rocket Leader Sierra 2,000 XP
Rewards: 2,000 XP and a Murkrow encounter
- Purify 8 Shadow Pokémon a Mossy Lure Module
- Evolve 8 Pokémon Eevee encounter
- Earn 8 hearts with your buddy a Glacial Lure Module
Rewards: 3,000 XP and a Mightyena encounter
Stage 5 of 7
- Defeat 8 Team GO Rocket Grunts 7 Pinap Berries
- Use an Incense Galarian Zigzagoon encounter
- Catch 20 Dark-type Pokémon Sneasel encounter
Rewards: 3,000 XP and an Alolan Meowth encounter
Stage 6 of 7
Rewards: 4,000 XP and an Absol encounter
Stage 7 of 7
Luminous Legends Y Field Research Tasks And Rewards
For the first half of the Luminous Legends Y event, which runs until May 25, these are the Field Research tasks and rewards:
- Catch 5 Shadow Pokémon: Skorupi encounter
- Purify 5 Shadow Pokémon: Spritzee or Swirlix encounter
- Defeat 2 Team Go Rocket Grunts: Murkrow, Houndour, or Purrloin encounter
- Defeat 5 Team Go Rocket Grunts: Alolan Meowth encounter
- Defeat a Team Go Rocket Leader: Galarian Zigzagoon encounter
- Win 2 raids: Scraggy encounter
You can check out our full Luminous Legends Y event guide here, for more information on featured Pokemon appearing more frequently, egg hatches, and more.
Read Also: Pokemon All Characters Name
Team Go Rocket During The Pokemon Go Luminous Legends Y Event
Another separation from the previous event is the inclusion of Team GO Rocket. New shadow Pokemon will be available, and in some instances, more than one Team GO Rocket grunt can attack at once. In return, players may receive Strange eggs and complete limited research. Pancham is just one Pokemon that will hatch from a Strange egg.
Part 1 of the event runs for a week, and if players can defeat enough grunts as a community, new bonuses will be applied for Part 2 of the event.
Fairy-type Pokemon will appear more again in the second week of Luminous Legends Y. That’s because Sylveon will finally be making a Pokemon GO debut after plenty of rumors.
Field Research Tasks And Everything You Need To Know About The Luminous Legends Y Event
The second part of the Luminous Legends Y event has arrived in Pokémon Go and it will run till the end of the event on Monday, 31st May at 8pm .
A new host of bonuses comes with the second half of this event, including a new rooster of event exclusive field research tasks. These tasks can be collected by spinning PokéStops and saved to be completed once the event ends if you so wish.
Here are the field research tasks for the second part of the Luminous Legends Y event:
- Take a snapshot of a Fairy-type Pokémon reward – Eevee encounter
- Defeat 2 Team Go Rocket Grunts reward – Umbreon encounter
- Earn 3 hearts from your Buddy reward – Eevee encounter
- Earn 5 hearts from your Buddy reward – Clefairy encounter
- Purify 3 Shadow Pokémon reward – Espeon encounter
- Win a raid reward – Galarian Zigzagoon encounter
Thank you to SilphScience from reddit for the help with this information.
The centrepiece of Luminous Legends Y’s second half is the release of Sylveon – the fairy-type Eeveelution – into Pokémon Go. Just like the previous Eeveelutions, Sylveon has both a name trick and a unique evolution method, which you can learn about on our Eevee evolution page.
To celebrate Sylveon’s release, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon and Umbreon will all be appearing in three-star raids. While Eevee will be available in one-star raids and Yveltal will continue to appear in five-star raids.
You’ll also be able to fight the Mega Evolutions of Altaria, Ampharos and Houndoom in Mega Raids.
Read Also: Pokemon Character Guide
Sign Up To Our Free Newsletter
Luminous Legends Y is just around the corner and Xerneas will be joined in five-star raids by another Legendary creature in Pokemon Go.
The X event was introduced to the game recently where some of the first iconic Pokemon discovered in the Kalos region was ushered into the world of augmented reality .
Fairy-types have been the main theme for X, with the likes of Jigglypuff and Clefairy spawning much more often than usual, with Niantic setting a challenge for trainers to capture 500 million Fairy-type Pokemon.
This will change when Y comes along, with a drastic change of focus as far as types are concerned set to be on the way.
As there was with X, there will be several new features introduced to the Y event that will see new Pokemon hatching from eggs, spawning in the wild and new timed and event-exclusive research.
Here you will find everything you need to know about the Luminous Legends Y event for Pokemon Go:
How To Get Sylveon In Pokemon Go
During Part 2 of the Luminous Legends Y event, Sylveon will debut in Pokemon GO. This is Eevee’s Fairy-type evolution.
To get a Sylveon, you will need to make Eevee your buddy and earn hearts as you walk with your Pokemon. Naming an Eevee Kira should make it evolve into Sylveon, too, but do note that this only works once, as with the other “nickname tricks.”
Read Also: Fire Red How To Get Flash
Luminous Legends Y: Featured Pokmon
Following Xerneass recent arrival, the Legendary Pokémon Yveltal will be making its first appearance in the game along with a whole army of Dark-type Pokémon that will be spotted more often in the wild.
And for the first time, this event will be a two-part quest featuring different bonuses, items, missions, and more.
Luminous Legends Y Event Research Tasks And Rewards
Here is the Pokemon GO Luminous Legends Y Event research tasks and rewards:
Step 1 of 7
- Defeat 5 Team Go Rocket Grunts: 15 Poké Balls
- Catch 5 Shadow Pokémon: Meowth encounter
- Catch 5 Dark-type Pokémon: Alolan Rattata encounter
- Rewards: 1000 XP, Stunky encounter
Step 2 of 7
- Purify 3 Shadow Pokémon: 5 Hyper Potion
- Purify 5 Shadow Pokémon: 3 Revives
- Purify 7 Shadow Pokémon: 1 Mysterious Component
- Rewards: 2000 XP, Alolan Rattata encounter
Step 3 of 7
- Defeat Team Go Rocket Leader Arlo: 2000 XP
- Defeat Team Go Rocket Leader Cliff: 2000 XP
- Defeat Team Go Rocket Leader Sierra: 2000 XP
- Rewards: 2000 XP, Murkrow encounter
Step 4 of 7
- Purify 8 Shadow Pokémon: 1 Mossy Lure Module
- Evolve 8 Pokémon: Eevee encounter
- Earn 8 hearts with your buddy: 1 Glacial Lure Module
- Rewards: 3000 XP, Mightyena encounter
Step 5 of 7
- Defeat 8 Team Go Rocket Grunts: 7 Pinap Berries
- Use an Incense: Galarian Zigzagoon encounter
- Catch 20 Dark-type Pokémon: Sneasel encounter
- Rewards: 3000 XP, Alolan Meowth encounter
Step 6 of 7
- Complete 7 Fields Research tasks: 10 Great Balls
- Win 1 raid: Houndoom encounter
- Catch 5 different species of Dark-type Pokémon: Alolan Grimer encounter
- Rewards: 4000 XP, Absol encounter
Step 7 of 7
- Purify 10 Shadow Pokémon: 1 Poffin
- Defeat a Team Go Rocket Leader 3 times: Galarian Zigzagoon encounter
- Catch 12 Shadow Pokémon: Larvitar encounter
- Rewards: 5000 Stardust, Deino encounter
You May Like: Psychic Type Weakness
Pokemon Go Luminous Legends Y Start Date & Time
The Pokemon Go Luminous Legends Y event will be split into two separate parts, each offering players different content and features.
- Part 1 of the Luminous Legends Y event is scheduled to start Tuesday, May 18, at 10:00 AM and conclude on May 24, at 8:00 PM
- Part 2 of the Luminous Legends Y event will begin on Tuesday,May 25 at 10:00 AM and finish on May 31, at 8:00 PM
Global Challenge And Rewards For The Luminous Legends Y Event In Pokmon Go Explained
During the first half of the Luminous Legends Y event in Pokémon Go, players from around the world can come together to complete a Global Challenge.
We collectively have until 11:59pm UTC on Sunday, 23rd May to defeat 25 million Team Go Rocket Grunts. You can keep check in the worldwide progress for this challenge by visiting the official for the occasional update.
If we manage to defeat all of these villainous trainers, then a triple Catch XP bonus, the release of shiny Galarian Zigzagoon and for Galarian Zigzagoon to appear in one-star raids untill the event ends.
Read Also: How To Beat Sierra
What Are The Luminous Legends Y Bonuses
The Luminous Legends Y event is split into two separate parts, with the Global Challenge in the first half having an effect on the second. Heres all of the bonuses in each part, though we dont have confirmation on which aspects of the first part will simply carry over into Part 2.
Luminous Legends Y Bonuses Part 1
- Yveltal debuts in 5-Star raids
- A Team GO Rocket themed Timed Research quest
- Rewards Galarian Zigzagoon
Luminous Legends Y Bonuses Part 2
- Sylveon debuts as an Eevee evolution
- Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, and Umbreon in 3-Star raids
- Event exclusive Field Research tasks
- Encounters with Eevee and its evolutions
Pokmon Go Luminous Legends Y Event Research Quest: How To Complete Each Quest Task And Field Research Explained
The Luminous Legends Y event in Pokémon Go is an event divided into two halves – the first celebrating the release of Yveltal and dark-type Pokémon, while the second returns to fairy-type Pokémon with the release of Sylveon.
Throughout this event, you’ll be able to complete the Luminous Legends Y timed research quest and a variety of exclusive field research tasks for a variety of rewards.
You’ll also still be able to find the newly released Spritzee, Swirlix and Goomy in the wild, while Pancham can now be hatched from Strange, 12km, eggs.
On this page:
Also Check: How To Evolve Onix In Pokemon Sword
Questions About Pokmon Go Luminous Legends Y Event
Do you have any questions about the Pokémon Go Luminous Legends Y event? After waiting so long for the final Eeveelution, is the arrival of Sylveon casting a shadow over your excitement for Yveltal? Let us know in the comments section below and be sure to check out our other Pokémon Go guides so you can be the very best like no one ever was.
From the Editor’s desk
‘luminous Legends Y’ Quest Steps In Pokmon Go
Below you’ll find all the challenges and rewards for the Luminous Legends Y research quest in Pokémon Go. This section does contain spoilers for the whole quest, so, if you want to be surprised, we recommend skipping it.
The Luminous Legends Y research quest is a timed research quest, which means you must complete it before the event ends if you wish to collect all of the rewards.
Thank you to Amiibofan101 from reddit for the help with this information!
‘Luminous Legends Y’ Step 1 of 7
- Catch 5 Shadow Pokémon – Meowth encounter
- Catch 5 Dark-type Pokémon – Alolan Rattata encounter
Rewards: 1000 XP and a Stunky encounter
‘Luminous Legends Y’ Step 2 of 7
- Purify 3 Shadow Pokémon – 5 Hyper Potion
- Purify 5 Shadow Pokémon – 3 Revives
- Purify 7 Shadow Pokémon – 1 Mysterious Component
Rewards: 2000 XP and an Alolan Rattata encounter
‘Luminous Legends Y’ Step 3 of 7
- Defeat Team Go Rocket Leader Cliff – 2000 XP
- Defeat Team Go Rocket Leader Sierra – 2000 XP
Rewards: 2000 XP and a Murkrow encounter
‘Luminous Legends Y’ Step 4 of 7
- Earn 8 hearts with your buddy – 1 Glacial Lure Module
Rewards: 3000 XP and a Mightyena encounter
‘Luminous Legends Y’ Step 5 of 7
- Defeat 8 Team Go Rocket Grunts – 7 Pinap Berries
- Use an Incense – Galarian Zigzagoon encounter
- Catch 20 Dark-type Pokémon – Sneasel encounter
Rewards: 3000 XP and an Alolan Meowth encounter
‘Luminous Legends Y’ Step 6 of 7
Rewards: 4000 XP and an Absol encounter
‘Luminous Legends Y’ Step 7 of 7
Don’t Miss: What Are The Names Of The Pokemon Characters